Popular Tags: [View All]
Andres F. Pabon L.
Colombia
Bogotá
DC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My sister in-law had passed her New Year celebrations with her husband and two children out of town, so she decided she wanted to do something with the rest of her family (my wife, my mother in-law and me) and organized a nice lunch on Sunday. I had received Ra for birthday 3 days before, so I decided to take it with me and give it a try, hoping it would fit a non-gaming crowd.

The game explanation was a little bit easier than I thought. I had played before several times at BSW, but when I first read the rules I found them very confusing, and it wasn't until I actually played that I got them. It wasn't the case with my sister in-law, her husband, my mother in-law and my wife, who seemed to grasp the concept rather easily.

So we started to play and after the first epoch it was beginning to be clear that I wasn't going to do well at all. With just a nile tile purchased, I started losing 7 points! The other man in the table, my sister in-law's husband, also lost 5 points for no civs, while the women in the table started very well, except for my mother in-law, who took a lot of monuments but the least pharaohs, losing 2 points. I told her she would recover at the end of the game when monuments were scored, so she decided to wait for those points.

The rest of the game was a quite interesting experiment of the two men at the table trying to get at least a little bit of the points lost (unsuccesfully for the most part), and my sister in-law taking everything she wanted, for reasons not yet discovered

The end result was a total crushing of men by the women at the table. My sister in-law was absolutely dominant with 52 points, and both my wife and my mother in-law got 30 points. I got 17, and my fellow man got only 8.

Still, all of them loved the game and asked to play again; a wish I gladly obeyed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.