Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Burano» Forums » General

Subject: Fiddly schedule wheel? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tobias Lunte
Germany
Garrel
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Hi,

I just saw the runthrough and read through the forums.

In Rahdo's runthrough, the schedule-wheel-tiles where printed on the player board and even then, it seemed pretty fiddly to turn the wheel in the middle among all the workers.
It seems like, in the finished version, the schedule wheel will be made up of 4 tiles, on top of the player board, and the indicator wheel on top of that. This seems like it would be very hard to handle, doesn't it?
Maybe this could have been fixed by cutting out the wheel from the player board, holding the tiles in place similar to the cube grid.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tobl wrote:
Hi,

I just saw the runthrough and read through the forums.

In Rahdo's runthrough, the schedule-wheel-tiles where printed on the player board and even then, it seemed pretty fiddly to turn the wheel in the middle among all the workers.
It seems like, in the finished version, the schedule wheel will be made up of 4 tiles, on top of the player board, and the indicator wheel on top of that. This seems like it would be very hard to handle, doesn't it?
Maybe this could have been fixed by cutting out the wheel from the player board, holding the tiles in place similar to the cube grid.

bear in mind, it was fiddly for me in large part because the family tokens are 40% bigger than they should be, and the protoype board ink was 'sticky' and the cardboard wouldn't slide, so i had to pick it up and rotate it...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Feld Fan
United States
flag msg tools
rahdo wrote:
Tobl wrote:
Hi,

I just saw the runthrough and read through the forums.

In Rahdo's runthrough, the schedule-wheel-tiles where printed on the player board and even then, it seemed pretty fiddly to turn the wheel in the middle among all the workers.
It seems like, in the finished version, the schedule wheel will be made up of 4 tiles, on top of the player board, and the indicator wheel on top of that. This seems like it would be very hard to handle, doesn't it?
Maybe this could have been fixed by cutting out the wheel from the player board, holding the tiles in place similar to the cube grid.

bear in mind, it was fiddly for me in large part because the family tokens are 40% bigger than they should be, and the protoype board ink was 'sticky' and the cardboard wouldn't slide, so i had to pick it up and rotate it...


Yeah, it just looks like it would be nice to have some type of a little elevated handle or knob in the center to grab when rotating the wheel. You know, something like this:

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chien-Tsun Chen
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


The final player board looks like this.
The 4 quadrants can be randominzed and put back together to the die cut circle. So it's not that fiddle as you might have imagined.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Lunte
Germany
Garrel
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Oh, so my "solution" was already implemented, just not visible in the images yet. Great to hear!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Dixon

Vancouver
Washington
msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
This looks like a very innovative and beautiful game. It reminds me in some ways of Trajan. I will be preordering from CoolStuff. Have there been any other component changes? If so, can you post images?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious what's to keep that from falling apart while playing. Would a solution similar to ora and labora have made more sense or do you not really rotate those pieces?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Lunte
Germany
Garrel
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
shieldwolf wrote:
Just curious what's to keep that from falling apart while playing. Would a solution similar to ora and labora have made more sense or do you not really rotate those pieces?


I don't know how ora et labora did this, buy I demoed it yesterday and their solution works great. Not fiddly at all, you hardly noticed that the four pieces could be swapped.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a hole in the player board, where the four pieces go into, to make the bottom of the wheel. The top part is simply a round tile placed on top of that.

It IS a little fiddly, because the round tile on top is missing something to "turn it" - a handle of sorts, or a grip, or somesuch. But that is easily fixed - just stick something fitting in the middle of the tile.

However, I have a problem putting the four pieces together into the hole in question. Punching them out, they were a very tight fit, it seemed, and now I cannot put them in without the board bending. It seems they are simply a little too big...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chien-Tsun Chen
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dumon wrote:
However, I have a problem putting the four pieces together into the hole in question. Punching them out, they were a very tight fit, it seemed, and now I cannot put them in without the board bending. It seems they are simply a little too big...

The die cut is a bit off so that random assembling of the 4 pieces will not fit back to the hole perfectly. That's one manufacturing issue to be noted in the second print run... Thanks!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Shih
United States
Lisle
IL - Illinois
flag msg tools
Has anyone fiddled with the player board and try to open up the circle to allow for the pieces to more easily fit? Or maybe some other solution?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Avers
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dub shih wrote:
Has anyone fiddled with the player board and try to open up the circle to allow for the pieces to more easily fit? Or maybe some other solution?

For my copy (though this may be different with other copies) it works if I first place the four quadrant pieces together as a circle, then place the player board on top of it and push it gently in place.

This works because of the way the pieces are cut, they are slightly sloped on top, so that the player board can be pushed down on them. It is a bit fiddly initially to get it all right, since the circle of four pieces needs to be perfect. But with a bit of practice it is possible to get it all flat without pieces bending etc.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.