Popular Tags: [View All]
Gideon Stargrave
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone else is as excited about this one as I am, you should back it on day one to get it off to a great start!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13415575/the-great-dino...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Almes
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm excited!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brusky
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Me too! Over $2000 and 50 backers in 3 hours! That's a good sign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shanda Hoover
United States
Port Orchard
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While I am excited to see this project finally up on Kickstarter there are several things that give me pause...

First off I am not a fan of LONG campaigns as in campaigns that are longer than 30 days. The fact that such a long duration has been chosen seems to say that the creators don't have confidence in their game funding in less time.

Second, it feels like a lack of preparation to not have firm targets for stretch goals. Keeping the goal a secret is one thing, but keeping the benchmarks secret just comes across as not ready.

The third issue is the lack of pledge levels. I always miss not having options for group orders and add-ons. Not the end of the world on this, but given the other two issues I am feeling like there are some red flags up that could have been avoided.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gideon Stargrave
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Over 28% funded already and Day 1 still isn't even over!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gideon Stargrave
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Holy moly - less than $6,000 to go and still 48 days left in the campaign! Let's get it funded ASAP and start knocking down some Stretch Goals!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos D
Taiwan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was so excited for this game that I became backer #9. However, as Shanda expressed, some things made me hesitate and I have dropped my KS pledge.
1. Shipping to my home town almost doubles the cost for me and there isn't an alternative to to spread the cost with add-ons ( Spirits of the Rice Paddy ). Moreover, I have backed 20 other games with lower shipping rates.
2. The campaign seems to lack attention and planning. For example, the KS launch was delayed several times.
3. Related to the previous point. I did not receive an answer to a question that I posted at the beginning of the KS campaign in the comments (as of today there are only 36 comments).

Having said that, I wish the campaign the best of luck as TGDR seems to be a fun game that my kids would love. Meanwhile, I eagerly await to receive and play three other games from Scott Almes that I backed through KS TEK:HC, TEG and Loop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Given the amount of time for the Kickstarter, is the game being released at the end of the campaign? Holy decade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gideon Stargrave
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just over a grand left to go and it's funded!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D F Visker
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
Amicis Inimicis Promptus
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the looks of this game. And I am tempted...
But for $40 + $17 shipping + not EU friendly. That's just too much for a relativily small boardgame. This is more a USA kickstarter.
I will buy this game when it goes to retail though. Definitely on my watchlist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
According to Spieleschmiede there are talks about a german version. If this happens Spieleschmiede will send from Germany and normally the german parts are just added to the whole english game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D F Visker
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
Amicis Inimicis Promptus
mbmbmbmbmb
ZdadrDeM wrote:
According to Spieleschmiede there are talks about a german version. If this happens Spieleschmiede will send from Germany and normally the german parts are just added to the whole english game.

Thank you for sharing this information. that would be very interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos D
Taiwan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Visio wrote:
I really like the looks of this game. And I am tempted...
But for $40 + $17 shipping + not EU friendly. That's just too much for a relativily small boardgame. This is more a USA kickstarter.
I will buy this game when it goes to retail though. Definitely on my watchlist.

I agree thoroughly with you. For me it is even worse $40+$30 shipping. This is definitely a USA kickstarter. APE games should take a look at how Stonemaier Games takes care of non-USA backers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duarte
Portugal
Ponte de Lima
Ponte de Lima
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any confirmation on the EU friendly german version?

I was thinking about backing it + spirits, but 47$ shipping? No way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg Bauer
Germany
Münster
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spieleschmiede has it listed as "probably starting next week".

correction: got the game wrong, it is still in "vorverhandlungen", so still trying to get any kind of agreement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.