Subject: Classic wargame relaunched rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alberto Buj
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anybody knows what classic wargames will be relaunched soon?
I know GMT is preparing a new edition of Blackbeard of Avalon Hill. Anybody knows if Civilization of Avalon Hill will be relaunched? It would be very very interesting....
Bye

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill the Pill
United States
Oneonta
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yalu, a John Hill design originally published by Conflict then GDW 30 years ago, will be republished-revised by Compass Games next year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Feldman
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
L2 Design Group will be publishing an updated version of War At Sea this year.

Ken

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mochara C
Canada
Thunder Bay
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Let's not forget the relaunch of PanzerBlitz by MMP. The new graphics look awesome and it is my understanding that the rules have been massaged a bit. Timing could be an issue, though, with so many good tactical WWII series thriving at the moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will DeMorris
United States
El Paso
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GMT is also planning to relaunch Successors. I believe it is already on their P500 page.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/26457

-Will

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hunga Dunga
Canada
Oakville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Panzerblitz II is actually an evolution of the game as opposed to a reprint. I've read the rules and it seems like an excellent game.

MMP is still collecting pre-orders to make this puppy real.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kaiser
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alberto Buj wrote:
Anybody knows what classic wargames will be relaunched soon?
I know GMT is preparing a new edition of Blackbeard of Avalon Hill. Anybody knows if Civilization of Avalon Hill will be relaunched? It would be very very interesting....
Bye

I guess the key here is what you mean by "soon"? I hardly think that Blackbeard will be out in a timeframe any of us would define as 'soon'. And I doubt Civ will be redone or someone probably would have tried by now. Being as big and long as it is, it's certainly only appeals to a small audience and most of that audience probably already owns the game! At least with Blackbeard you will be getting a 'fixed' version of a game that could have been really nice. So even if you already have a copy you'd probably pick up another.

L2 does have a number of classics already out and more in the pipeline. And GMT looks like they are bringing back several oldies but goodies (the previously mentioned Blackbeard and Successors). I hadn't heard about the redo of PanzerBlitz from MMP but that certainly is promising.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mokszycki
United States
Snohomish
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What Alan said. The L2 game that I'm looking forward to in particular is Panzergruppe Guderian. The guys on consimworld tell me that it's coming out on Monday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.