Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Harris
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Background: My kickstarter copy was missing the space leeches. Stronghold Games will happily fix things for me, but their replacement part stock won't be in for 3-4 weeks, since they sent out all the games to backers as quickly as they could, and have nothing left. NO worries, I know they will fix me up.

Problem: My gaming group runs a boardgaming convention that is happening next weekend, and I was hoping to demo and play SC:AM, but will find the lack of leeches lessening my leisurely lesson and leave me longing for lost ...ummm leeches. (I would use proxies like beads or paper scraps, but in demoing the game, I would like to give the full effect.)

Solution: Someone who got a painted set of minis, and isn't using their non-painted leeches, could loan me theirs. I would ship my replacements to them (or their originals back if they can tell the difference) in 3-4 weeks after stronghold finishes their grueling plastic leech breeding program.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
If no one comes through, there is a simple and inexpensive DIY solution to the Leech minis:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Or,

You may have to settle with lessening your leisurely lesson by simply sticking with the scenarios that don't use the leeches, or by simply omitting the leeches for those scenarios that call for a random draw.

On the outside looking in, it seems to me that your demonstration of the game will be just as effective, for the purpose, sans leeches.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my gameā€¦ when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
I can help. Just geek mail me your info and I can send them off tomorrow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Harris
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! PM sent!

(You saved me from serious consideration of attacking some bugles with a can of spray lacquer...)

I know I could use beads or cubes as a proxy, or avoid leeches altogether, but this is a pulpy retro space game. You have to have that visual POP of the minis to really send the theme home.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.