Subject: PnP Errata'd Cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew McFarland
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, with the unfortunate number of errata'd cards, it took the wind out of my sails for playing. I don't sleeve, but I've thought about using a Print-n-Play service to get some cards that I can insert into the deck until next year when official fixed cards are released, and finally get this to the table. Problem is, I don't have very much experience with those services. I realize that the cards won't be the same, but a reasonable facsimile would be fine for now. Does anyone know of a high quality PnP service, and what weight and finish I'd need for the cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems super complicated. If you're going to those lengths, why not just put a big asterisk on each card with errata, with a Sharpie, and then consult a printed list of corrections?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Clarke
Canada
Port Coquitlam
B.C.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eyefink wrote:
So, with the unfortunate number of errata'd cards, it took the wind out of my sails for playing. I don't sleeve, but I've thought about using a Print-n-Play service to get some cards that I can insert into the deck until next year when official fixed cards are released, and finally get this to the table. Problem is, I don't have very much experience with those services. I realize that the cards won't be the same, but a reasonable facsimile would be fine for now. Does anyone know of a high quality PnP service, and what weight and finish I'd need for the cards?

Before you get all worked up about the errata, you should look at it. It's really minor. Like Desecrated Shrine wound up as Desecrated Temple on one card, but there is no Desecrated Temple in the game so it's a no-brainer, stuff like that.

For the few cards where it matters to actual gameplay, I was able to add most of the corrections directly to the card with a black inked pen. I play my games to play them not to turn them into shrines and I intend on keeping this game so I didn't mind doing it.

I don't sleeve games either, but I'm playing this one so much I made an exception and now with the PNP errata added to the sleeve, I can't tell the difference. This is such a minor issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll probably end up penning in some, but much of it is far from minor. I like having nice-looking cards, hence the question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eyefink wrote:
I like having nice-looking cards, hence the question.

Doesn't mixing print-and-play cards with the printed cards already rule that out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd rather have a slightly different feeling card than a marked up one. I also know there are some very high-quality PnP services, but do not know which ones they may be which, again, is why I posted a thread specifically asking for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I think you dramatically overestimate the quality and match that can be achieved with print-on-demand. Of course you should go ahead and see what you can get and maybe you will be happier with it than with marked-up cards. But I would be very surprised.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lorphanpaibul
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eyefink wrote:
I'd rather have a slightly different feeling card than a marked up one. I also know there are some very high-quality PnP services, but do not know which ones they may be which, again, is why I posted a thread specifically asking for that.

You would be hard press to find a printer that would match the original game. Personally I really don't find errata to be that overwhelming. There are only a few cards and many of them are set up cards. Since they promise to do errata, putting a little mark to denote errata card is should be fine may be in pencil if it bother you. (I know I used to be the same way with my OCD)

I don't sleeve most of my card game either but I have been playing this game quite a bit and lately I am thinking may be I should.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I have the important ones marked, so I'll just wait I think. The only super annoying one is the Utility Belt, which I had to add a sentence to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
I played with the arcaneweave bow as a bow for ages until I noticed that that it claimed to actually be a quiver.. I then found the list of errata and just carried on using it as a bow.

Proper versions of the card would be nice though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.