Adam Mitchell
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Out of all of the artifacts our group has recovered so far, it is the Plateau of Targa's Authority of O'Tar badge which intrigues me the most thematically.

It proves the existence of an inter-planetary law enforcement organization which was apparently at one time at least partially based in the City of the Ancients. Furthermore, the fact that possession of the old badge gives you +1 to your damage in the Other Worlds and the keyword Law while there strongly implies the Authority remains respected and feared across the cosmos to this day.

The last mission in the Caverns of Cynder book makes specific reference to almost identical parallel Earths in different dimensions, so I thought it might be fun to identify and detail the current bearers of the Authority's emblem throughout the dimensions.

In our group the Authority of O'Tar badge is represented by 4th level Preacher Davis Wilberforce.

Agility 1 Strength 3 Initiative 1
Cunning 2 Lore 3 Health 24
Spirit 4 Luck 2 Sanity 13

In addition to the Authority of O'Tar badge, he has a Dark Stone Buckle, Holy Robes, a Holy Book, the Cross of Vengeance, a Concealed Flask, Matches, an Old Map, a Pickaxe, Dark Stone Gloves, a Raptor Claw and the sinister Amulet of Cynderdevil.

He's a Firebrand Preacher who knows the Cleansing Fire, Shockwave, and Righteous Fury Judgment Sermons, and the Faith Healing and Intervention Blessing Sermons.

Unsurprisingly, he's gone straight down the Wrath upgrade column, getting Revelation, Holy Strike, and Vengeance.

He also has the Tail with a Mouth and Tentacle Fingers Mutations.

Anyone else have an Authority of O'Tar member whose stats they'd like to post?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RadioactiveTodd
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My Lawman is in possession of the Authority of O'Tar in our group. He also has the Rusty Badge in addition to his starting Badge. Which is all pretty funny because he's not really a sheriff any more. The town that he was the law of was overrun with Hungry Dead (which is where his Vendetta against them comes from) and the town was destroyed. Now he wanders the area attempting to do good and seeking vengeance (with the Dead Man's Iron)on any Hungry Dead that cross his path.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matteo B.
Italy
Genova
flag msg tools
All right. Then, fine. The title is "Cheese Song". Eh-hem. Hn... Here I go:
badge
Pizza mozzarella~ ♪ Pizza mozzarella~ ♪ Rella Rella Rella Rella~ ♪ Rella Rella Rella Rella~ ♪ Rella Rella Rella Rella~ ♪ Pizza mozzarella~ ♪
mbmbmbmbmb
Tthe Authority of O'Tar badge is my favorite item in the game, thematically speaking.
Every time I fight in an Other World my character declares "By the power of O'Tar... I declare you GUILTY!"

Bill Tucker is a level 6 Piano Player, who is also a Traveler Vice-Sheriff with a great sense of duty. Pity that his partner, Esperanza De La Vega, is a bank-robber bandida which was part of an outlaw posse when Brimstone was blown up.

He's looking for his brother, Ted Tucker, who is missing for years. The Weathered Poncho he wears it's the only thing that remained of his brother and his Indian spirit guide is a Mouse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ScottL
United States
Weare
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We have 2 with the badge in different posse's.

My sons has a level 3 U.S. Marshall "Burt Macklin" who has the Authority of O'Tar. He has Cleaning up the West for starting ability and No Shame In It, and No Nonsense for upgrades. He doesn't really have much other remarkable gear yet. His usual traveling companions are "Ramblin' Rosie" (my saloon girl), and occasionally "Handlebar Bill" (my other sons Gunslinger)

For a stretch I was soloing a posse "Piano Pappy and the Holdout Sisters (Molly, Polly and Dolly Holdout)" consisting of all piano/saloon girls. (all level 3). One of the girls found the the authority buried in the snow in Targa and traded it to Pappy since he's somewhat of the posse leader anyway. He has Knockout Punch for starting ability, and Spunky and Rough & Tumble for upgrades.

I haven't played that posse for about a month or so. Though it was really different and fun having 4 heroes all of the same class.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The Authority of O'Tar badge is my favorite item in the game, thematically speaking.
Every time I fight in an Other World my character declares "By the power of O'Tar... I declare you GUILTY!"

Nice. Every time my lawman flashes his starting badge, I announce to the table like Judge Dredd "I AM THE LAW!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Mitchell
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kintarouji, thanks for bringing back this thread. Davis has actually chosen to hand his Authority of O'Tar badge and his Dark Stone Gloves over to his companion and friend Swift Eagle.

The Level Five Indian Scout wears a Serpentman Skull Helmet, below which his mutated Fangs are very visible. His Spirit Bow and arrows are in a sheath on his back and hanging around his neck are a Void Jewel and the De'nar Totem. He wears the Authority Badge in the center of his chest. To the right is a Rusty Badge, while to the left, over his heart, is the bulge of his Soul Parasite goo. One arm is still bigger than the other, but both end in Dark Stone gloves, one holding a Tribal Knife with a Dark Stone grip, the other holding a Blackfang Hatchet. Behind him is the Tomb Chest, containing the Dark Stone he uses to power his Hatchet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cotton Donkey
Canada
Milton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played a posse of 4 solo.
Started out as a test run posse, to try out the game a couple of times, but enjoyed it so much that I play them solo still.

Story is a Lawman after an Outlaw and a US Marshal with a warrant on a Gunslinger, team up to bring them in.
They have to immediately deal with a crisis together and after seeing their usefulness in combating the horrors of the mines, they decide they will pardon the Gunslinger and Outlaw if they agree to participate in a few Missions to pay off their debt to society.

So happens that while the Lawman found a Hell Pistol, which he uses with his Peace Maker pistol, he is not the Law when it comes to otherworlds.
The Outlaw found the Authority of O'Tar. So on Otherworlds, he represents the Law and Justice.

I pretend it's a role reversal when they visit the Otherworlds.
It's almost as if the Lawman may be hiding something and isn't quite the man he says he is.
And the Outlaw may not be the Bad guy he's painted out to be...
Hmmm.

(Meanwhile, the Gunslinger recently found a Scafford Bandana securing his Outlaw status and confirming his warrants were due to no misunderstandings. And the US Marshal is a deflection Shield wearing, teleporting, pipe smoking laid back individual, with many items to keep him alive and make him like an honest, no nonsense, powerful Bounty Hunter.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Multi-verse Marshal Caleb Cooperton has the authority of Otar, in addition to his marshal badge.

He's heavily mutated. As far as I can recall: stone skin, tentacle fingers (with a few new tricks), void child (Named Jefferson)... And im probably forgetting one or two.
He carries a punisher shotgun and a cavalry saber, as well as an assortment of other gear.
He's a fast moving, nearly unkillable, juggernaut of justice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.