Ophir» Forums » Rules

Subject: How to actually cycle the cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not sure i played this right. Im hoping someone can clarify how to cycle the cards.

First of all, you cycle them whenever someone completes a trade at the market or with the temple merchant, correct?

There will always be 4 cards visible.

Lets say i fulfill the trade which is adjacent to the stack of cards, leaving the rightmost, and the middle card behind.

I am supposed to first remove the card i fulfilled right? Then i remove the card in the rightmost position? Then i slide the remaining card all the way to the right and fill up the rest of the empty spots, followed by revealing the card on top of the deck?

If this is correct, then the card adjacent to the deck could move to the right two spaces, if i fulfilled the middle card, then the rightmost card gets discarded, correct?

Stated another way, you always end up removing two cards when a trade is completed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristoffer Nilsson
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You only remove the right most card (furthest away from the deck). Does not matter what card you trade with, always the last card that get removed, and the other cards slided one step to the right.

So you can successfully trade with the same card three times in theory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
damn that would have made a huge difference! I was wondering why we were going through the deck so fast..something didn't feel right.

I'll have to go back and add this example to the rules. I'm sure it mentions this but I don't think there was an actual example, which is why I got confused. Thanks a lot! Gives me an excuse to play again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristoffer Nilsson
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hope it helps, this is an awesome game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.