Hide
9 Posts

Firefly: The Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Getting Reavered with no crew rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stuart Stockdale
msg tools
What's the ruling? I'm sure someone will have asked this before, but I've had a quick look and can't find it.

For example, there's been situations in Blue Sun games where someone gets dogged by Reavers three or four turns in a row.

They havn't enough fight to avoid two kill crews easily so:

The captain is killed twice, resulting in two disgruntled tokens, which cancel each other out. Effectively nothing happens.
The captain is killed once. If he has a disgruntled token already, he gains a second disgruntled token. Effectively free shore leave.
The captain becomes disgruntled. If already disgruntled nothing happens. This option is the farthest from the rules as written as I interpret them, but I'm sure it can be agreed that it is in fact the only option that makes themeatic sense...

Thoughts / official ruling please?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think the leader is Disgruntled once. I don't recall any rule where you have to "double up" on Crew if you don't have enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'd go with pick two crew-members to kill - except you only have one available - your Leader - so you kill your Leader - except Leaders don't get killed; they get Disgruntled - and if he's already Disgruntled, then you fire all your Crew (all none of them) and un-Disgruntle your Leader instead.

If you're in a position where you can use a Reaver attack to cheer up your Leader "for free" then you're in trouble anyway, so having an arguably overpowered benefit isn't a problem in that particular situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If you have just a disgruntled leader I figure he so happy at just living that you remove disgruntled...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josiah Stinson
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Not to mention what a stone-cold Badass the Captain must be to survive a Reaver attack single-handedly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Rather
msg tools
mbmbmb
JCobb82 wrote:
Not to mention what a stone-cold Badass the Captain must be to survive a Reaver attack single-handedly.

That was unanimous ruling of the table (4 players) the last time that happened in our games.

arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger BW
United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JCobb82 wrote:
Well, that's the story he told.

Actually he just hid in the freezer till the Reavers went away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Stockdale
msg tools
Ok, so it seems to be the concensus that you don't have to apply the two kills if you only have your leader as you only have one person to kill, but you "kill" your captain every time, and because captains are VERY lucky, that means they get a disgruntled token every time, ultimately firing no one on their second token, and resetting their status.

That's how we play currently anyway. It just never seemed to sit right with me. But if you all think it's the right way, we'll stick with it.

Another reason this crops up for us so much is because we were treating alert tokens like the cutter nav card and resolving Reaver contact straight away, but while I was adding Kalidasa yesterday and rereading some rules I realised that's incorrect. Oops. So the Verse just got a little safer anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Scottdale
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If all you have is a captain, you're behind the curve in terms of getting anything done. Having an easier time with a reaver encounter seems like a little compensation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.