Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Felix Brause
Germany
Duisburg
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
White Wizzard is not in the geek-preview... but on the hall plans.
What´s up with that? Will there be a new star realms? What about epic?
Anybody knows something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bolonga
FI
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
mbmbmbmbmb
Epic will be at Essen. I'm not sure about anything else.

Source is a question asked by me on the Epic forums

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Treebeard
United States
Joshua
Texas
flag msg tools
I Design Broken Token Game Inserts
badge
I Design Broken Token Game Inserts
mbmbmbmbmb
It is my understanding that they plan on having this at Essen, but it depends on manufacturing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kapish
United States
Brunswick
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Total unplayed games in my collection: 8
mbmbmbmbmb
Colony Wars is the first full-size expansion to Star Realms, and it is making its grand debut at Spiel in Essen Germany next week!

Epic will be available for purchase at Spiel '15 in Essen Germany!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A bit jealous that the people who get to go to Essen get Colony Wars months ahead of people who paid for the game as an Epic Kickstarter add-on. I know that everybody does it, I just wish that there was a big gaming convention in may corner of the world... other than the one that is focused on video games and sells out in minutes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seba J
Germany
Frankfurt
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Booth Number 1-G140. heart

I wonder how much it will cost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clawf1ng3r wrote:

I would assume that it would cost the same as the base set. Sorry, I don't know the German MSRP off the top of my head.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray MacPherson
United Kingdom
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
mb
Hoping someone from my gamegroup can pick this up for me. I ended up cancelling the preorder as an add-on to the Epic kickstarter as the shipping was quite prohibitive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sándor Kolok
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clawf1ng3r wrote:

Like 15 euros? I think that is stated in the Essen preview list here.
I also found the same in their website:
http://www.starrealms.com/star-realms-colony-wars-makes-its-...

Hey, any European fellow SR fan geek who is there in Essen willing to pick up an extra copy for me?
We could arrange things in PM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Van Hoef
Belgium
Leke
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, it's at Essen for €15. I just played it with my son.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sándor Kolok
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stigh wrote:

Mind sharing a little bit of a detail about it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray MacPherson
United Kingdom
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
mb
There's a few of the new cards on their facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/starrealmsgame/photos/pcb.169151295...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel V.
msg tools
kolok wrote:
Stigh wrote:

It's basically more of the same. The rules are the same exact print and there are no new mechanics as far as I can tell, except for "when acquired, if you played another [faction] card this turn, then..." maybe.

If you liked Star Realms 1.0 you will like this. It works equally well as a standalone game and as an expansion to give things a bit variety. But there's exactly 0 new stuff here if you were expecting that. It's just more cards. This could as well just be the base game, there's no real difference in the two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sándor Kolok
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zelos666 wrote:
kolok wrote:
Stigh wrote:

It's basically more of the same. The rules are the same exact print and there are no new mechanics as far as I can tell, except for "when acquired, if you played another [faction] card this turn, then..." maybe.

If you liked Star Realms 1.0 you will like this. It works equally well as a standalone game and as an expansion to give things a bit variety. But there's exactly 0 new stuff here if you were expecting that. It's just more cards. This could as well just be the base game, there's no real difference in the two.

I expected some new things, not new mechanics really, but some new abilities, e.g. something like the Gambits give you, or some other which there hasn't been in the game before. There are bits of those but I wanted moar . And, as of now, I do not know what to make of this "when acquired..." ability, I'm not sure I'm gonna like it. It sounds like 'a condition for condition's sake', but obviously need to play the set to make a verdict.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bolonga
FI
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
mbmbmbmbmb
It's definetly "more of the same", but I love it!!!

It's a breath of fresh air in my stale 80 card trade deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Games Are About Glory
United States
Macedon
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ThinkingThatsAll wrote:
Colony Wars...as an Epic Kickstarter add-on.

I completely missed this in the Epic Kickstarter. When (and where) was this mentioned?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FrozenHoHos wrote:
ThinkingThatsAll wrote:

I completely missed this in the Epic Kickstarter. When (and where) was this mentioned?

It was not mentioned (they actually said the opposite, that there would be no Star Realms promos or add-ons). When we went to fill out the pledge manager, there was an option to pre-order Colony Wars and/or Cosmic Gambits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Gartner
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
ThinkingThatsAll wrote:

It was not mentioned (they actually said the opposite, that there would be no Star Realms promos or add-ons). When we went to fill out the pledge manager, there was an option to pre-order Colony Wars and/or Cosmic Gambits.

Wow, really? Does White Wizards like....hate it if we know anything about what's going to happen next with Star Realms?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Games Are About Glory
United States
Macedon
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. Don't know how I missed that. I backed at the store level (for my FLGS) and would have been all over a few decks.
ThinkingThatsAll wrote:
FrozenHoHos wrote:
ThinkingThatsAll wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray MacPherson
United Kingdom
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
mb
benjotron wrote:
ThinkingThatsAll wrote:

Wow, really? Does White Wizards like....hate it if we know anything about what's going to happen next with Star Realms?

In all fairness the kickstarter had a hefty delivery fee per copy ordered. Otherwise I would have added it to my Epic kickstarter which I bought as a thank you for how much fun Star Realms has given me.

On that note I'll find out at my game group tonight if our ambassador was able to snatch me a copy of Colony Wars or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
benjotron wrote:
ThinkingThatsAll wrote:

No, but they have announced things in the past and then missed them by a mile. It will be ready when it is ready seems like a good way for them to operate for now. Their strength is making great games, not long term planning. I imagine the tiny size of the company does not help matters. It seems like after the funding of Epic, they had a large growth of staff, so hopefully that will allow them to hit deadlines better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Collins
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
Unfortunately, as you already know, people
badge
Everything happens so much
mbmbmbmbmb
So... No release date yet I assume?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Gartner
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
ThinkingThatsAll wrote:
No, but they have announced things in the past and then missed them by a mile. It will be ready when it is ready seems like a good way for them to operate for now. Their strength is making great games, not long term planning. I imagine the tiny size of the company does not help matters. It seems like after the funding of Epic, they had a large growth of staff, so hopefully that will allow them to hit deadlines better.

Okay, well now I'm curious if they have more people or full-time employees. What gave you the impression they have more staff now, if I may ask?

I understand the "ready when it's ready" choice and that it's probably easiest for them - and I'd rather they spend time making the things than waste time telling us about it.

But they're announcing sets, previewing cards and releasing them in limited quantities all before a full release or manufacturing run is "ready". There is a lot more they could do to be more transparent and communicative without making promises they can't keep. They could release the full card list when the set goes on limited release sale. They could make quantities available outside of the conventions they are released. They could acknowledge to backers that they won't be getting the cards as soon as their available, or informing them whether or not they'll get them before they're available for pre-order or in stores.

Underpromising seems reasonable given their size. Total radio silence about what's going on just feels like a series of slow dick punches.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
benjotron wrote:
ThinkingThatsAll wrote:

Okay, well now I'm curious if they have more people or full-time employees. What gave you the impression they have more staff now, if I may ask?

I understand the "ready when it's ready" choice and that it's probably easiest for them - and I'd rather they spend time making the things than waste time telling us about it.

But they're announcing sets, previewing cards and releasing them in limited quantities all before a full release or manufacturing run is "ready". There is a lot more they could do to be more transparent and communicative without making promises they can't keep. They could release the full card list when the set goes on limited release sale. They could make quantities available outside of the conventions they are released. They could acknowledge to backers that they won't be getting the cards as soon as their available, or informing them whether or not they'll get them before they're available for pre-order or in stores.

Underpromising seems reasonable given their size. Total radio silence about what's going on just feels like a series of slow dick punches.

I assume that they have more staff because I don't recall Nathan or Ian ever posting anything prior to the Epic Kickstarter.

I should preface this by saying that I am not a board game publisher, so everything I say is based on rumor and hearsay. I assume that they are reluctant to give exact dates for projects because logistics of large print runs are very complicated. Most factories that would produce a game are based around MUCH larger manufacturing runs. They can print a game, but only in gaps between "real" projects. Once the game is manufactured, it has to be transported. Board games are very small, by volume. They are a couple shipping containers on board a very large ship. It takes time to get the ship loaded, to the destination, and unloaded. Even the mighty Fantasy Flight ran into this when they had to indefinitely delay a Netrunner set because they could not get the cards to the US.

I assume that smaller print runs are easier (though I imagine with lower profit margins or maybe even sold at a loss). You can get them made at a lesser factory that can address your project faster (though much slower per set). Also, since it is so little product, it can be sent as a large parcel using much faster (and much more expensive) transport.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Gartner
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
ThinkingThatsAll wrote:
I assume that they have more staff because I don't recall Nathan or Ian ever posting anything prior to the Epic Kickstarter.

I don't know who Nathan or Ian are, so that's probably what I'm missing. Who are they?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.