1 Posts

Goth: The Game of Horror Trivia» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Goth: The Game of Horror Trivia 1st play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mizz J
United States
flag msg tools
Being a horror fan I was very excited to get Goth: The Game of Horror Trivia game for Christmas. Think Trivial Pursuit but instead of wedges you get tombstones for correct answers. Getting my husband (who is also a horror fan) to play was a bit of a hassle. I dared drag him away from his Dawn of War PC game. I told him the game wouldn’t take too long, after all the rules were easy and it revolves around the horror genre and we know a lot about that.

Well, while playing this game we found that we weren’t as knowledgeable about horror trivia as we thought (the categories are movies, alchemy (misc.), music, literature, and stiffs). For shame, for shame! How could I draw a blank when asked who was the director of two well known B horror movies Blood Feast and 2000 Maniacs?!?
Spoiler (click to reveal)
(H.G. Lewis)
How could my husband draw a blank when asked who was the person responsible for the killings in the first Friday the 13th movie?!?
(Mrs. Vorhees)
Who composed the music for John Carpenter’s movies The Thing, Halloween, and Escape from New York? My husband thought I was having a blond moment when I answered in an innocent I give up attitude
“John Carpenter?”
Hey, I got another tombstone and learned something! Thank goodness I know about the Ring Around the Rosy/Black Plague ties; I think I had three questions that revolved around that one.

On several occasions one of us was just about to win, just needed two more tombstones… only to have the other land on Grave Robber and thus take away a tombstone. Happened five times total during our game.

zombieAn hour of drawing blanks on answers (you know… “it’s on the tip of my tongue”… “oh, I KNOW this one”…) and just not having a clue on the answers I got my 13th tombstone and won the game! My husband and I can’t wait to play again.devil
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.