Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Heeren
Germany
Eppstein-Bremthal
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
The purpose of the special landscape tiles is to collect ideas how to further balance the factions. We invite all interested players to share their ideas on how to use these tiles for each faction, for instance to provide an advantage or disadvantage to a faction.

Please give ideas you like a thumbs-up. Later, a voting shall decide which ideas work best.

This thread is dedicated to the Ice Maidens only.

Important: Do not simply post anything you come up with off the top of your head. Please test your idea first before you post it here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gambia
Brest
msg tools
Frozen Idol:
Condition: None.
Costs: terraforming.

Function: It is a building with power value 2. Can't be upgraded.
The Frozen Idol counts as a temple.

Edit: For the same reason I edited my Yetis' landscape suggestion, I think it's better to add a SH condition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gurps Melendor
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Frozen Palace
Function: +1PW every time you gain PW from Cult track. +1 W every time you enter in step 10 of a cult track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruogu Sheng
United States
California
flag msg tools
Ice Circle:

Condition: Stronghold
Cost: terraforming
Function: building with power value of 1. Can't be upgraded. Ice maidens can convert an unoccupied land (except volcano) directly adjacent to the ice circle to ice at the start of each round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike m
msg tools
Winterfell

Condition: none
Effect: is a 1-power building, can't be upgraded. Whenever the Ice Maidens build a temple, they immediately gain a spade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike m
msg tools
melendor wrote:
Frozen Palace
Function: +1PW every time you gain PW from Cult track. +1 W every time you enter in step 10 of a cult track.

I really like this one for Auren. Auren get built in cult advancement and have low power income. This plays to their strength and addresses a weakness, at the same time. Although, Auren are pretty weak and might even need (slightly) more than this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc B
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ice Castle

Condition: Temple
Cost: Terraforming
Function: Building with power value 1. Can not be upgraded. When terraforming an indirectly adjacent space (i.e. one that is accessible by Shipping), place the Ice Castle on a River space that is directly adjacent to the newly terraformed space. You may build a Dwelling as usual on the newly terraformed space.

The Ice Castle is still considered a River space for the purposes of indirect adjacency for other players.

Similar to the Mermaid's special ability of creating a town across a river, but the Ice Maiden's tile acts as a building for power-leeching and town-building purposes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 Geek Gold so that you can read this! :-)
mbmbmbmbmb
Skyswooper wrote:
Frozen Idol:

Wouldn't that be a bit strong? How about a power value of 1 and/or requiring the SH?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gambia
Brest
msg tools
DocCool wrote:
Skyswooper wrote:
Frozen Idol:

Wouldn't that be a bit strong? How about a power value of 1 and/or requiring the SH?

Ice factions struggle more to expand than other factions because they don't have free hexes.

This landscape buff them (because it helps for a town) without altering their struggle to expand.

I don't think the power value buff on Ice maiden is important. Yetis already have SH and SA with 1 more power and aren't op.

I didn't suggested the condition of requiring the SH because a temple alone didn't generate any VP anyway (now there is also the new round scoring).

Note: It counts as a temple, but does not grant a favor tile nor a priest income!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Skyswooper wrote:

Note: It counts as a temple, but does not grant a favor tile nor a priest income!

So it's a temple for... round scoring? Otherwise it might as well just be a building with power value 2. Or can it be upgraded to a SA too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gambia
Brest
msg tools
CommissarFeesh wrote:
Skyswooper wrote:

So it's a temple for... round scoring? Otherwise it might as well just be a building with power value 2. Or can it be upgraded to a SA too?

No, it can't be upgraded to a SA (written in the description).
The temple proc with round scoring and Ice Maiden's SH.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke s.
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
mmcgeach wrote:
Winterfell

Effect: is a 1-power building, can't be upgraded. Whenever the Ice Maidens build a temple, they immediately gain a spade.

I really like this one. It addresses the weakness of IM(hard to build a large network) whilst combining it with their most important mechanism. Building those temples will be more worthwhile and in general i think it would give them about 2 or 3 extra hexes. Which isn't such a bad idea.

edit: it's even possible to minimize the effect if it's too powerful by setting 1 temple as a requirement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gambia
Brest
msg tools
Anemic wrote:
mmcgeach wrote:
Winterfell

I really like this one. It addresses the weakness of IM(hard to build a large network) whilst combining it with their most important mechanism. Building those temples will be more worthwhile and in general i think it would give them about 2 or 3 extra hexes. Which isn't such a bad idea.

edit: it's even possible to minimize the effect if it's too powerful by setting 1 temple as a requirement.

I think Ice factions should remain "frozen", and shouldn't receive direct help for spades. But it's just an opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Reitberger
Germany
N├╝rnberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Iceberg:
Condition: SA
Costs: None
Function: It is a building with power value 1, can't be upgraded.
The Iceberg is placed when building the SA on a river hex that is not already occupied by a mermaids town. The river hex does not need to be in shipping range or any kind of adjutancy of Ice Maidens. Mermaids can't build a town on it, shipping is not blocked.

Shall be an incentive for Ice Maidens to build a SA which they often don't want. It is quite strong can give connectivity and is a very good help for founding a town.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Skyswooper wrote:
CommissarFeesh wrote:
Skyswooper wrote:

No, it can't be upgraded to a SA (written in the description).
The temple proc with round scoring and Ice Maiden's SH.

/facepalm I don't have F&H yet and I forget some of the new faction abilities

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davide Malvestuto
Italy
Roma
Italy
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
Ice Maidens (Winter Palace)
Immediate reward: you take immediatly a Favor Tile.
Permanent ability: from now on, whenever you build a Temple, you get 1 Spade; if you build your Sanctuary you get 2 Spades.

Here my thread with proposal ALL othe factions.

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/21272181#21272181

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.