Subject: further expansions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ace hawkster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone think they will expand this game anymore ? Before I get shot down in flames I do think there is plenty to play with already, I just want to wondered if there is anyway it can be expanded anymore, maybe new monsters like nidhogg or jormungard or possibly more gods like the ones in yggdrasil. What does anyone else think ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cinos
United Kingdom
Ely
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was discussing this very topic today with my partner after playing a game.

Ultimately, we can't see where this could be expanded outside of additional monsters. Which means it's unlikely to happen since CMON, don't do small time kickstarters like that.

At the same time, I'm not sure it even needs an expansion. The gods and mystics add a nice amount of content already and while we were playing we never had a moment of "this game really needs this". Which is something that often happens with other games.

So yeah, personally I don't think this game needs anything at this point. It's pretty much complete as is. Which makes a nice change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Allard
msg tools
acehawkster1973 wrote:
Does anyone think they will expand this game anymore ? Before I get shot down in flames I do think there is plenty to play with already, I just want to wondered if there is anyway it can be expanded anymore, maybe new monsters like nidhogg or jormungard or possibly more gods like the ones in yggdrasil. What does anyone else think ?

While I have not received my copy yet I hope that they do not try to expand upon this game. I would hope that this game stands the test of time on its own. I am tired of having a ton of expansions come out (I'm looking at you Pandemic) to an already great game. In some cases like Ticket To Ride or Smash Up they are warranted because the game seems built for it and having them does not hurt the experience. I think in this case expansions would complicate the gaming experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be fun to see more Norse myth, but the game seems now to be a pretty closed system. I saw on one post that Eric Lang had to dive pretty deep to come up with the additions/extras required for Kickstarter so far that would work with the game play!

As for Jormungand, he is the Sea Serpent.

Of course, you could always come up with extras that would replace some of the older stuff, just for variety. That's assuming you've played dozens of times already.

So ask again later...

Another possibility would be a companion game, set perhaps before Ragnarok in the mythic Norse universe. If the game is super successful, that would be what I'd be looking for. Although some say that the KS was reopened briefly because there was less demand than expected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Is it possible that the kickstarter was re-opened because of pledges that had fallen through from the original campaign?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Would love to see an expansion with alternate age decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabian Bohlmann
Germany
Hamburg
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am pretty sure that Cmon doesn't plan to release any more expansions. As far as I know they never published anything more for a game after it has been released.
But what more do you want in the first place? More miniatures? Please, no. There are enough of them already and if you've got the KS upgrade you even have two versions for some of them (if there would have been other or optional rules for these I would find them more interesting - but as it is they are just alternate sculpts).
More Age cards? I think there are enough of these too.
The idea of specific clan attributes or traits that have been mentioned in another topic are the only thinks I would like to see. But you don't need to have a whole expansion for this. Make it a promo that is for sale at the Geek Store.
This game has so much material that it takes a lot of space. More of that and I wouldn't know where to store it (I even haven't mentioned that my wife would have a serious word with me for sure - but I have one thing on the plus side in a possible discussion with her regarding this game then it is the fact that she likes the miniatures a lot. ;o)).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Alaiz
Spain
flag msg tools
I would pay for a print on demand expansion which brings more personality to the clans, specific clan attributes or starting upgrades and so on, I already proposed that in the variant thread as well... it they dont do it, why not us?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Blood Rage: The Afterlife

Ragnarok is finished, the destruction of the world is complete. But does the fun really need to end there? The Viking clans have spent their time in Valhalla getting drunk and bored, and a new fight has broken out! Which clan will succeed in wrenching control of Valhalla from Odin's grasp?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say that deck expansions would be very welcome.

Like any card game, Blood Rage could use a lot more variations. For example more quest options (like: pillage 2 provinces, have at least 5 units in play), battle cards offering other tactics (all +str bonusses are halved, monsters don't count, ships count double, switch your card with an opponent) and lots and lots of clan/warrior/ship/leader upgrades.
I would even say that we have enough monsters already, what that is concerned. After all: the retail buyers don have the KS exclusives so have to do with a lot less monster upgrades.

But well, I guess it won't happen as currently the number of available cards seems to be the only restriction that makes it impossible to play the game with 5 players without having the actual expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.