The Hotness has gone cold...
Jeff Coon
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know what happened to thread #1263606, the one in Hot Deals about Hameln and Mr. Jack? I was actually looking for a copy of Mr. Jack, and had I not discovered it was on sale at GameSurplus.com, that thread would have been pretty helpful. And even if the information was outdated since they sold out, the thread would have eventually dropped off the main page.

Was it deleted by a mod? If so, was there any particular reason? I'm not one of those 'Geekers decrying censorship at every turn, but it sure does seem that a lot of threads are disappearing these days, without any explanation.

If that's the policy, okay. But is there any way for a non-existent thread that we could get a history on why it was deleted? The message when you try to visit the thread isn't very helpful: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/1263606#1263606

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: What happened to the Hameln / Mr. Jack thread in Hot Dea
Any original poster can delete a thread they create - so there is at leaset that one other possibility.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Coon
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: What happened to the Hameln / Mr. Jack thread in Hot Dea
Good point Matthew. Is there any sort of audit trail that users can view to see what happened to deleted posts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.