GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,669 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
1188 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [48] | 

Sentinels of the Multiverse» Forums » Variants

Subject: Cauldron - second edition (new logos) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Bishop
United States
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb

Second edition logos

This post is related to the custom Cauldron fan expansion for SotM.

What is the Cauldron?
It's a bunch of custom SotM decks created by my old roommate, my brother, and myself (with a few other folks contributing). Great discussion and insight into all the decks can be found through their individual BGG forum links below.

As always, the images for the cards are all freely available on the Cauldron site. They may not be used for personal profit. There are also now individual BGG pages for most of the sets: Cauldron base set, Cauldron: Experimental, Cauldron: Stormfall, Promo Pack #1, and Promo Pack #2.

Printing
You can now order the finalized Cauldron decks through DriveThruCards, thanks to GTG giving their permission (50% of the profits go to support GTG). Dividers, joke decks, and promos for official heroes are not included (see the printing FAQ for some ways to get them). Anything in development won't be on DTC for a long while.

2nd Edition?
I updated the hero character card fronts and hero deck backs on the site to remove the SotM and SC Comics logos. This removes the biggest copyrighted elements that belong to GtG (depictions of their characters are still present). If I refer to the 2nd edition cards, I just mean the images with the new Abstract Tales logos. The images on BGG still depict the SotM logos. Anything that's ever available through DTC will have the 2nd edition logos.

List of BGG deck links, since the first post of the_yoshi's tracker thread has gotten a bit outdated:

Base Cauldron heroes
- Vanish
- The Stranger
- Quicksilver
- The Knight
- Necro
- Tango One
- Baccarat
- Doc Havoc
- Malichae
- Lady of the Wood
- Starlight
Base Cauldron villains
- The Ram
- Tiamat
- Anathema
- Dendron
- Gray
Base Cauldron environments
- The Wandering Isle
- F.S.C. Continuance Wanderer
- Northspar
- Blackwood Forest
- Halberd Experimental Research Center
- St. Simeon's Catacombs

Experimental heroes
- Cricket
- Titan
- Cypher
Experimental villains
- Vector
- Swarm Eater
- Oriphel
Experimental environments
- The Cybersphere

Stormfall heroes
- Echelon
- Impact
- Magnificent Mara
Stormfall villains
- Phase
- Celadroch
- Menagerie
Stormfall environments
- Superstorm Akela

Adrift heroes
- Drift
Adrift villains
- The Mistress of Fate
Adrift environments
- Catchwater Harbor 1929
- Nightlore Citadel

Apparently the Cauldron stuff fills an entire box at this point
Image stolen from bobbertoriley322

Joke decks
- Joke environment - The Tall Grass
- Joke hero - The Musical Swordsman
- Joke hero - The Girlfriend

Misc
- Some non-Cauldron promos
- People's gameplay experiences and strategy guides
- Printing FAQ thread (non-DriveThruCards) and a tutorial on printing homemade dividers
- Deck complexity ratings (rough) and poll (what other people think)
- Story achievements
- Unofficial oversized cards, vertical dividers, and tuck boxes (base set only).
- Unofficial Vengeance-style conversions
- Handy search reference cards (here & here)
- Lackey plugin for Cauldron (digital card game simulator), and a tutorial on making Tabletop Simulator playtest decks
- Web randomizers that include Cauldron (here and here)
- Microbadge: mb
Misc (season 4 playtesting)
- thereaver's Sentinels for Tabletop Simulator with Cauldron (including some season 4).
- Low-ink playtest decks.

In Development

- Gyrosaur
- Terminus
- Pyre
- Gargoyle
- Vault Five
- Windmill City
- The Chasm of a Thousand Nights
- Mythos
- Dynamo
- The Infernal Choir
- Outlander
- ???
If you want to help move things along faster by trying out the new decks and sharing your feedback, it's always appreciated!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can we get updated links? This looks like it may become the new landing page for this and links would be great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Bishop
United States
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
kelann08 wrote:
Can we get updated links? This looks like it may become the new landing page for this and links would be great.

What links are you referring to? The Cauldron site (linked in the post) has all the new images. The page for each deck directs you to an individual Google Drive folder, rather than to the old zip file.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben MacFarlane
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This may have been answered in another thread somewhere, but is it intentional that there's no separate entry for The Cauldron, or is it just that no one ever made one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Bishop
United States
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Yes to all three questions.

This update might make it more feasible. If anyone pursues it, let me know!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariusz Kosecki
Poland
Elbląg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone else has problems accessing the google drive? I checked Firefox and Opera, while logged in and out and I'm only getting the wheel spinning forever.
What could be the problem?
Is there an alternative way to access the Cauldron resources?

It seems like all the deck's pdfs work like a charm (not using GD) but all the other stuff on GD is unaccessible.

Can you check that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Bishop
United States
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
The Google Drive folders work from IE10. I'll check Firefox tonight. Can you access any other Drive folders (your own or some known public one)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariusz Kosecki
Poland
Elbląg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tosx wrote:
The Google Drive folders work from IE10. I'll check Firefox tonight. Can you access any other Drive folders (your own or some known public one)?

Did you try that from outside of your account's context? (e.g. by logging out from your google account) When I'm not logged in, clicking on your link gets me to the login window.
Trying to access the links from e.g. Meat's Miscellany - no problem with that. You might try to play with making the links external or something? I didn't use google drive so I cannot help you here... You might try this: https://support.google.com/drive/answer/2494822?hl=en
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Bishop
United States
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Thank you good sir, you were correct. The Drive links only worked if you were signed into a Google account. They should now be fixed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Brown
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Head's up: the evolved Anathema promo is currently in the Hydra Tiamat promo folder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Midnight Lurker What Lurks at Midnight
msg tools
Are there any bios for the Cauldron characters/environments? I can't find any on your main page, and I'd really like to know more about these people and their setting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Bishop
United States
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
That's been asked a few times, and some tidbits (like the Stranger's mini-bio) have emerged; but there are no official bios. The stories behind the characters are somewhat embedded in the cards and the art, and a lot of it is left to the imagination!

That said if you have any specific questions, I'm happy to give (or if necessary, make up) answers to them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zak Meyer
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Could you also host the images for the old card backs and fronts before the change (or point me to somewhere I can find them)? I need some new cards for the old decks I printed and would rather not have to reprint the entire deck because the backs are different.... Didn't save the files either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Bishop
United States
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
No problem, I'll add a folder with the old backs. Probably tonight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Mendoza
United States
Minneola
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Out of curiosity, how many heros/villians/environments have you planned for the Stormfront Set?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Bishop
United States
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
5 total.

With the next one likely being:

EDIT: oops, 6 and counting...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This may be in another thread, is Experimental an expansion name or the designation of progress? Are experimental heroes still undergoing adjustments? If so, how "done" would you say they are? Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Bishop
United States
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
It's just the most uninspired name for an expansion ever
It's (mostly) science-related decks, and it amused me. They're not in testing, and no changes are currently planned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tosx wrote:
It's just the most uninspired name for an expansion ever
It's (mostly) science-related decks, and it amused me. They're not in testing, and no changes are currently planned.

Stellar, just making sure they're okay to print. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Brown
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know how helpful these'll actually be in the future given tosx's recent announcement, but thought I would share these anyway.

If you have not ordered The Cauldron yet, I would strongly suggest you order from DriveThru Cards instead. It's cheaper on your wallet, and it supports both tosx and Greater Than Games, both of which deserve it.

There are a few things here that you can't get elsewhere (joke decks, dividers); if that or my original comments didn't dissuade you, then read on.

NOTE: You SHOULD NOT use the link below to order the first third of The Cauldron; Printer Studio changed the quantities of cards supported in orders, which caused the first set to nearly double in its price ($100 vs ~$60). I would update it, but it requires re-ordering. I'll help someone if they want to order this, but I don't plan to make a change unless it's to order the set for someone else.

The Cauldron: Base Set 1 of 3 (Vanish, Stranger, Quicksilver, Knight, Ram, Tiamat, Wandering Isle, FSC Continuance Wanderer)
The Cauldron: Base Set 2 of 3 (Necro, Tango One, Baccarat, Anathema, Dendron, Northspar, Blackwood Forest)
The Cauldron: Base Set 3 of 3 (Doc Havoc, Malichae, Lady of the Wood, Starlight, Gray, Halberd Research Center, St. Simeon's Catacombs)
The Cauldron: Experimental (Cricket, Titan, Cypher, Vector, Swarm Eater, Oriphel, Cybersphere)
The Cauldron: Stormfall 1 of 2 (Echelon, Impact, Magnificent Mara)
The Cauldron: Stormfall 2 of 2 (Phase, Celadroch, Menagerie, Superstorm Akela, Wave 3 Variants)

Joke Decks (Girlfriend, Musical Swordsman, Tall Grass)
Cauldron Dividers (Cauldron, Experimental, Stormfall, Joke Decks)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariusz Kosecki
Poland
Elbląg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bobbertoriley322 wrote:
promos (including Windcolor Dendron)

I wasn't subscribed to Dendron's thread so I just want to say it here: WOW, what a great art.

Mathew's drawing skills are extraordinary!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Siobhan Mooney
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stormy stuff
I love the look of the new decks. Especially the storm... Just when I think there can't be any more gameplay mechanic possibilities lurking around the corner, this new one of positioning from the left or right of cards enters the scene.

Is it very bold of me if I wonder if Stormfront is necessarily the best name for the next expansion? I mean, it is certainly in keeping with Superstorm Akela, but I just want to check if you have heard of this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stormfront_%28website%29
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Bishop
United States
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
I actually just learned about that yesterday. Since I don't really want it coming up in the same google results, I'm planning to at least break the name into two words. If I think of something I like better I may change it further.

I hate people hogging words.

Update: found a word I liked better! Set #3's name is now Stormfall. Thanks for helping put that issue on my radar!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Siobhan Mooney
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I hate people "hogging" words too. I hesitated for a good while before mentioning the issue for just that reason.

Stormfall sounds great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Bishop
United States
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Teaser time?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [48] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.