United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,

Is there any good reason that I'm missing why the original objectives and the new objectives from Shattered Empire *can't* be mixed?

Does anyone know what was the intention behind this segregation?

Best wishes,

Chris.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theo Miltenburg
Netherlands
Enschede
Overijsel
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Re: Is there any good reason... old and new objective cards.
they can be mixed... but there are some differences and some that are very close to each other... for instance I control MR and I control MR this entire round. That might seem as a small difference but one is easier compared to the other. Also what happens if both are on the table? really pointless for doing nearly the same thing scoring twice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
What Dark Slayer said. There's no real reason you can't, but there are a few that are very similar, where if they both appeared, it (in some cases) would be like getting the same points twice, or one just being slightly "harder".

Here's a list:

Original Spend 10 Influence and original Spend 10 Resource objectives are very similar to the new, combined Spend either 10 Resources or Influence. (There's a Stage II one like it too, only for 20 resources). The new one is a bit more flexible, but the old ones, if both on the table, could let you score twice, once for each. Both 1 point (well, the Stage II ones are 2 points)

Original Have Tech Advances in all 4 colors is somewhat similar to the new Have at least 2 Tech Advances in 3 different colors. The new one is a little harder, but not overly so. - 1 point each

Original I control mecatol rex this whole round is like the new I control Mecatol Rex, but the original is a little harder. - 1 point each

Original I control 10 planets outside my home system is very similar to the new I control 11 planets outside my home system; the original one is worth 2 points, the new one is 11. If you are able to score the new one, and the old one is on the table, that gives you 5 points right there. I'd probably only play with one or the other.

Those are the only 4 sets of stuff that are really "super close" to each other. And of them, only the Mecatol Rex ones and the Control # of planets ones are such that I would probably only play them "one-or-the-other". Even the spend resources one isn't a big deal in my opinion, because if you score them twice, you have to sacrifice for them twice; With the others, it's much less of a sacrifice to score them both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konwacht
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Is there any good reason... old and new objective cards.
We play with all objective cards - THEN its REALY fun, because you have objectives with less military background and those conquering-objectives as well. But as said - there are similiar objectives, from those simply choose one and ignore the other. But generally mixing is very cool!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alwin Derijck
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
This point has also been discussed here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/142310

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.