Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Gelb
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Its a trilogy, written by the award winning Bernard Cornwell. The first in the series is "The Last Kingdom" followed by "The Pale Horseman" and the third, to be released Jan. '07 is "Lords of the North". These books are historical fiction and grasp the time amazingly...theyre such good reads. I wasn't into reading for some time, and these books sucked me back in! Some of the best books I have EVER read! Check them out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dave boulton
United Kingdom
etchingham
E. Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i woudl reccomend i may be wrong but i think its stephen lawhead's arthur cycle of books too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Old Ways Are Best!
badge
Check Six!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have yet to touch a book he has written that hasn't totally captured me! I will be sure to track these down (also being a staunch fan of Britannia). However, I wonder when he is going to get around to finishing the US Civil War (Starbuck) series?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Russell
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cornwell also has an Arthur trilogy, Excaliber, Enemy of God and something else. They are a great read.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Trimmer
United States
Houston
TX-Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I finished reading Pale Horseman the other night. It and the Last Kingdom were great!

I'll start Lords of the North next week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.