Spain
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys!

As you all know, going for the MAX treasure it's a very difficult task, but going for the minimun could be literally all based from luck.

What if I find in my first hand drafted a value "1" hero card? Are my chances of winning very high? Because I only can think of a way to come around this: by playing a value "3" hero card and using a -2 on that card. Is there any other way?

Let me know what do you think about it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can get a corresponding hero card in the last round (which you can't refuse).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lorenzo Chiozzotto
Italy
Venice
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could also play 2 shrinking potions on a 5 adventurer.
Anyway if the MIN has a very good reward it's not unlikely that you could be forced to take a high value adventure of that color during the last few picks, since all the players would probably skip them.

but in the end with just 1 in your hand your chances to get the MIN are quite high !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Quintal
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An interesting additional card the game creator could add is an assassin to only knock off a single "1" card. It can be played as a modifier card. I think this might offer some balance. The odds of getting a 3 and a shrinking potion seems kinda slim and waiting for that combo probably means you need to let other good cards go by and are not guaranteed to get the combo. I agree though, the number "1" cards can be advantageous when a good treasure falls into the min spots.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Quintal
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another interesting modifier card might be to swap the min / max treasure in one location. This may foil the op-ness of the "1" cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moishe Steigmann
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Xoul wrote:
Because I only can think of a way to come around this: by playing a value "3" hero card and using a -2 on that card. Is there any other way?

The '1' would still win: When going for the min, the lowest pure card is the tie-breaker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Garfield
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
moishetreats wrote:
Xoul wrote:
Because I only can think of a way to come around this: by playing a value "3" hero card and using a -2 on that card. Is there any other way?

The '1' would still win: When going for the min, the lowest pure card is the tie-breaker.

No, it is not unnatural to think that, but the rules are clearly that if there is a tie the highest single card wins, even if you are going low. When I am going for low a 1 is great but a 3 with a shrink is a real threat - in fact I will sometimes counterdraft the shrink. Similarly if I have the opportunity to pick up a 3 early I am often as happy as when I pick up a 1 ... it might end up low on its own but with a shrink potion it is really solid (unless I get hosed with a late round card in that color).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phelddagrif wrote:

No, it is not unnatural to think that, but the rules are clearly that if there is a tie the highest single card wins, even if you are going low. When I am going for low a 1 is great but a 3 with a shrink is a real

I read that in the rules and had to convince myself it wasn't a mistake, but in thinking about it, I reasoned into the logic as to why it made sense!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.