Scythe» Forums » General

Subject: Estimated shipping weights? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ewert Bellingan
South Africa
flag msg tools
mbmb
Any rough estimate of the shipping weights for the different pledge levels?

I love the look of the metal coins and would love to have them but considering what their increased mass over the base game might cost on my shipping I might not be able to stretch my wallet that far (especially as I want the art book add-on as well...). Some weight estimates will be appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ewertb wrote:
Any rough estimate of the shipping weights for the different pledge levels?

I love the look of the metal coins and would love to have them but considering what their increased mass over the base game might cost on my shipping I might not be able to stretch my wallet that far (especially as I want the art book add-on as well...). Some weight estimates will be appreciated.

I don't know the weight, but when the Kickstarter goes live, you can see what the shipping will cost for you and as such the weight shouldn't make a difference to you - that's Jamey's headache .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Morten is correct, the shipping weight will be constant and transparent from day one, across all versions of Scythe. Shipping to South Africa is always expensive--in this case, for a 4 kg game, it will be $35 USD.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having few (if any) exclusives and no variable (shocking) shipping costs is a refreshing change from certain other kickstarter companies...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We don't do any exclusives at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Miller
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:

And I appreciate that.

I just wish more campaigns followed suit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ewert Bellingan
South Africa
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for the clarification. At $35 estimated shipping irrespective of weight the metal coins might actually be affordable. It's a pain but living in SA we always have to weigh (excuse the pun ) shipping options between the campaign and some other alternative (which in this case would have worked out to around $60 because of the 4kg weight of this game)...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emils E
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
Life goes on...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamey, will you offer group pledge option and if so how will the shipping be calculated for additional copies?
In your Between Two Cities KS it said 3 copies per pledge, but there was no explanation on how it affects shipping.

I'm hoping that this will be a way save some Money for those of us who don't get the best shipping rates

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hybry wrote:
Jamey, will you offer group pledge option and if so how will the shipping be calculated for additional copies?
In your Between Two Cities KS it said 3 copies per pledge, but there was no explanation on how it affects shipping.

I'm hoping that this will be a way save some Money for those of us who don't get the best shipping rates

You can order up to three copies (any combination of editions) per pledge. The total shipping cost is the same whether you order one or three copies, so you'd just add the price of the additional copies to your pledge (e.g. add 2 x $59 = $118 for adding two copies of the "normal" edition of the game).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emils E
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
Life goes on...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mortenmdk wrote:
hybry wrote:

You can order up to three copies (any combination of editions) per pledge. The total shipping cost is the same whether you order one or three copies, so you'd just add the price of the additional copies to your pledge (e.g. add 2 x $59 = $118 for adding two copies of the "normal" edition of the game).

Awesome news

Ewert, you should start looking for some people that would be willing to make a group pledge with you. Surely you can't be the only one in RSA who would like this game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Morten! That is correct, and will continue to be the case for Scythe. So if you arrange a group pledge for 3 total people, you'll be able to split the shipping fee among those people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulf Persson
Sweden
Malmo
Scania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:

Thumbs up for that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Szymas
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:

But oh no how will I get my moneys worth through price gouging if there aren't any exclusives!?!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ewert Bellingan
South Africa
flag msg tools
mbmb
hybry wrote:

Ewert, you should start looking for some people that would be willing to make a group pledge with you. Surely you can't be the only one in RSA who would like this game

Probably not alone in SA no. My gaming group is not all that big and with the saying "different strokes for different folks" I'm the only backer at present. My one bud was keen to back as well but got seduced by Viticulture Essential Edition... Heresy I say! Supporting a different Stonemaier game...

Will however touch base with some of the bigger SA community and see if a group pledge is on the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Cross
South Africa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in Joburg, backing Scythe at $99 level with a second copy for my brother. We should get in touch and order together?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Muller
South Africa
Cape Town
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm in Cape Town and am also interested, so if you are down this side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.