Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Rae
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well we had been playing some nice two player games when the girls decided it was about time we included them (or vice versa, I am never quite sure who is in control when it comes to my wife) and so it was that we had a couple of games of High society.

The girls got up to speed quickly but were conservative at the start and convinced we were trying to con them. Maybe we were, maybe we weren't.

So mat and I got off to very good starts and I used my 25 and my 20 plus some change to get a nine and a 2x. I picked up a 1 and a four aswell but didn't feel I had yet overspent.

In contrast matt had similar value but just a little less and I had an expensive 2 card so i could hedge against teh robber.

Well teh game progressesd and the thief finally came up. The cost to me was a lot less than most and so I started with 3m bid. Matt must have been short on denominations (it was late in teh game) and so upped the anti with a 12, the girls upped againa dn I got away losing very little and keeping just enough money. Robyn then took it to the house and left herself with a winning position but only one card left.

There was some pain for me as all the numbers came out but robyn with only one card left me confidence. And indeed it was so that she had overspent and I cme out on top.

In the second game (because the girls must play another) the pattrn was similar except this time with the low were more pricey and takign the thief cost me a little more. Matt had control of the points and Robyn and heather came in late with thier bidding. Ironiclaly heather could have stolen it with a 10 and a 9 at the end but the 9 came up and the ten did not before the last red card. Well when it came Matt was in teh lead with 24 and robyn and I were tied on fourteen. Matt had won, but wait we forgot to check the cash. Heather was out of the calculation and still ahd a wad of cash but the three of us counted out. Matt couldn't hadnle the pace and was about 20m short of me. Meanwhile robyn and I kept on matching each other before I had one card more.

So I am the King of high Society, and I'm off to enjoy my tropical island in the sun. It's overcast and sometimes raining in the middle of our summer so i could do with a break.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.