Subject: Two more clarifications on some rules. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Leading car is lapping a back marker and makes a successful Leader Lap check.
Question is
1) can the leader use a soft tyre after the Leader Lap check?
2) should use of soft tyre be announced before the Leader Lap check?
3) and is the soft tyre spent if the leader doesn't make a successful check?

ET.....do you need to make a check and play a green Race card to get the bonus or is the check enough?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The rules say that you can use a soft tyre chip "any time you like" so it seems that you can use if AFTER the Leader Lap check.

As regards the ET (Extreme Trajectory), you do need to play a card of the same colour as the ET as well as pass the check. (exp 1 rules - Pg 4)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Freels
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your first three questions are really one. When lapping, you should plan your turn accordingly. The player knows how many MPs they need to lap and that they need a check card. If I play a +3 MP card but need +4, then I will use my soft tyre bonus.

My group does not care about when we declare that we are using the soft tyre bonus. If we remember it when we play the card, then we declare it then. If we forget because we were winning a battle, then we just use it when we move. You cannot use it after a late brake, since that is at the end of the movement.

Our last Spa race one player was really confused about the ETs. He had track cards to pass the ET check for the corner, but this was green. He kept trying to use it to pass the ET check and then use it for movement too. After a few more ET corners he finally got the rules straight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryan, the way you handle soft tyres is a lot like how we do it.
But my question here is, can you declare to use the soft tyres if you have to make a Leader Lap check first?
Just like you can't use a Track card if you have to make a Leader Lap check first.
But if everybody agrees to declare the use of the soft tyres after the movement, then there is no problem.

At least we did the ET stuff right at Spa with both Track cards and green Race cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Freels
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It did not occur to me to think of soft tyre bonus similar to track cards and leader lapping. I have always considered soft tyre bonus more flexible and usable at any time with no restrictions. My group usually declares it at the end of moving their car to pass another car or get the trajectory. I think someone once used it to get the 6MP for hazard. Red 3+ card with two damage and soft tyres = 2 track cards and 2 damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And we never used soft tyres for overtaking, only to advance to the next space if there was a clear path.
Next season we will allow it for overtaking as well!
So one soft tyres shouldn't be seen as +1 MP, but as +1 space!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Freels
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have always treated the "+1 bonus to movement" to mean +1 MP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, maybe I misunderstood you earlier then.
+1 space would make it too powerful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wilson pietoso
Brazil
flag msg tools
hi guys.

I wanted to understand what it is for the token all checks +20 / -20 .

I have found no reference in the manual

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wilson criscuolo wrote:
hi guys.

I wanted to understand what it is for the token all checks +20 / -20 .

I have found no reference in the manual

Pg 17, 2nd paragraph. Drivers suffer a -20 penalty to their checks in rainy conditions.

Pg 14 in the table headed "Driver Skill", under "Reflexes", the player receives a +20 bonus on all checks.

Hope this helps - enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wilson pietoso
Brazil
flag msg tools
thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.