Subject: Regress a ship -1 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When an effect allows you to move a ship back on an orbit and all ships are at the starting point on the orbit track, is that affect then useless or can you actually then remove a ship from the orbit completely and send it back to the home planet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Useless is my understanding. There's a separate term for returning a ship to its home galaxy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Zipprich
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say this is unusable since in order for a ship to be moved back to a galaxy it has to be displaced, and this does not say you can displace a ship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Hensel
United States
Bryan
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Have games, Will travel
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's effectively useless for removing the ship from the track. I remember reading somewhere that ships can't be regressed out of orbit. I think it was an answer from Michael Coe to the same question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.GamelynGames.com
badge
www.GamelynGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
A ship cannot be regressed off a track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry
United States
Graham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pawnpusher wrote:
I think it's effectively useless for removing the ship from the track. I remember reading somewhere that ships can't be regressed out of orbit. I think it was an answer from Michael Coe to the same question.

Seems like its in the rule book.

EDIT: Actually I think its printed inside the box. I don't have it with me to verify.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Qunell
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct. It is on the inside of the bottom of the box as are all other clarifications regarding planet text.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Hensel
United States
Bryan
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Have games, Will travel
mbmbmbmbmb
HawkFan wrote:
You are correct. It is on the inside of the bottom of the box as are all other clarifications regarding planet text.

Thanks for confirming my memory of reading it somewhere. I just had trouble remembering where.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.