Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In order to make this solo campaign a bit trickier, I'm going to ask any of you reading this to vote on what the Brits should do next, and I'll take the majority answer and play on.

Strategic War:

The Germans are now trying to put the pressure on the Royal Navy. The RN has a two CV reaction force. German subs cannot go to the US Coast, but can enter (as a group or as up to 3 separate fleets) The North Atlantic, Central Atlantic or the completely unprepared South Atlantic. In the South Atlantic the RN is nearly helpless. However, in the North Atlantic the Germans are slightly outmatched already, and would be badly so if the CV's didn't follow German subs and instead took the opportunity to pound on the Kriegsmarine. However, in the US Coast the German fleet has a sizable advantage. If the Germans split their subs three ways to split the British attention badly, then they risk letting the British trade one bad battle for one in which they have a marked superiority.

What it comes down to, I'm pretty sure, is which side has been gradually ingesting Iocaine powder?

The Germans go looking to sink some ships. They send the 3-step SS unit into the NA convoy box, which should act as a good enough deterrent to keep the British CV's at bay. They send the two 5-step submarines into the South Atlantic convoy box. If the British don't send a CV or two there, they are more or less giving up that BB squadron for lost. Without a CV present the Germans are likely to score three hits, and can easily score 4. Even 2 will be significant. If the CV's go there, then the subs can target those valuable assets and hope to score two hits, sinking one.

So I ask you, readers, where should the British CV's go?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
preston smith
United States
Russellville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
That's a tuff one, a lot of options there. My guess would be, RN to N. Atlantic and take your chances. England can't win the war alone but needs to hang in there until the red machine kicks in. Then hopefully uncle sam later.

Looks like their already spread pretty thin with your Campaign in Greece going on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OOOOPS, guess what, I goofed. The British actually have that BB and also a 3-step CA in the South Atlantic Convoy Box. So the Germans aren't heading there. The German subs are all heading to the North Atlantic Convoy box.

So now the question, do the CV's go after the subs, or assist the weaker fleet in the US Coast box?

Sorry for the confusion...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Santandrea
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I love it when a plan comes together!
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris,

this is Amazing. You are playing this as a great Poker player!

With the British at this time I would try to be conservative, avoiding losses and covering cargos and PP.

The time for the Revenge will come...

ema
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.