Ender Wiggins
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Several of the Fantastic Events (Unruly Artifact, Wayward Beast, Misplaced Quest) require you to draw Artifact/Beast/Quest cards and place them under the region tile with a statue corresponding to that card type.

What happens to these cards when playing the Locket of Landfall artifact, which has this effect? "Exchange any two Region tiles (along with anything on them)"

Technically the cards are under the Region tiles rather than on them, so an overly legalistic interpretation of the rules would suggest that they aren't moved. However these cards do accompany the statues, so it would make sense to move them as well.

What is this the correct way to play this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alf Seegert
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
EndersGame wrote:
Several of the Fantastic Events (Unruly Artifact, Wayward Beast, Misplaced Quest) require you to draw Artifact/Beast/Quest cards and place them under the region tile with a statue corresponding to that card type.

What happens to these cards when playing the Locket of Landfall artifact, which has this effect? "Exchange any two Region tiles (along with anything on them)"

Technically the cards are under the Region tiles rather than on them, so an overly legalistic interpretation of the rules would suggest that they aren't moved. However these cards do accompany the statues, so it would make sense to move them as well.

What is this the correct way to play this?

Good question! As I suspect that you suspect, I'm all for shunning legalism in favor of the spirit of the law. For the Locket of Landfall I would move anything "attached" to these Regions, including what is beneath them. Thanks, Ender!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ender Wiggins
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much Alf! That indeed makes the most sense, and I appreciate you clearing this up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.