Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jared Wilson
Canada
Port Perry
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Can anyone help me with the wording from The Seventh Level card 2B The Fate of Balin?

The Forced effect reads: "At the end of the Staging Step, reveal X cards of the encounter deck, adding all enemies to the staging area."

Does that mean I add a just one card? (I'm playing solo). Or does it mean I add a card for the Sequence of Play (Staging), and then at the end of the Staging step I add another card?

Thanks for any help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Brettell
Australia
South Turramurra
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's really nothing on that card that says what 'X' is? I know nothing about the card, but would be amazed if FFG let that slip through!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Nicol
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Reveal 2 cards: the usual card that is revealed in the staging phase, then the additional card specified in the forced effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Nicol
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
brettellmd wrote:
There's really nothing on that card that says what 'X' is? I know nothing about the card, but would be amazed if FFG let that slip through!

The full card text is:

"Forced: At the end of the staging step, reveal the top X cards of the encounter deck, adding all enemies to the staging area. Discard the other revealed cards without resolving them. X is the number of players.
If the players defeat this stage, they win the game."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Wilson
Canada
Port Perry
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sorry Michael I should have been more clear.

Thank you Jonathan! That's exactly what I wanted to know. I wasn't sure if I was doing it correctly by drawing 2 cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P Santos
United States
LAS VEGAS
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmb
At the end of staging means that after the player actions window (which is after revealing/staging 1 encounter card perplayer).

So, you do the staging step, and then you could play actions. After that, is the end of the staging step, when you reveal 1 more encounter card (no more actions could be played after this). Then you resolve the committed willpower vs total threat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.