Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Chambers
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Pog's Optimize: does the character Pog uses it on have to remain in the space to receive the +2 bonus on attack rolls? Or can Pog play it then the character leaves the space with Pog and carries the +2 bonus with him/her until Pog's next turn?

2) Canice's Leveler: do I only need to hit with an attack roll and then the target is automatically knocked down? Or do I need to succeed at a damage roll for the target to be knocked down?

3) Pog's Duck: is the "any other hero can be targeted" mean per Villain tactic? Or per Villain? So, for example, if an activated Villain only has Pog as a valid target for their first two tactics, but has another hero as a valid target for their third tactic, can I play Duck to force the Villain to go to their third tactic and target a different hero?

4) Hostile: does a rampaging 'Jack, for instance, attack a Villain that's the closest enemy (being hostile means everyone is the rampaging 'Jack's enemy) even though the Tactics guide references "hero" specifically for all tactics rather than "enemy"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Chambers
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anybody?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You'd be more likely to gain responses if you provided the text of the rules in question rather than just name them since it requires anyone wishing to respond to pull their copy of the game and dig out the components you mention in order to read and discuss.

chamr wrote:
1) Pog's Optimize: does the character Pog uses it on have to remain in the space to receive the +2 bonus on attack rolls? Or can Pog play it then the character leaves the space with Pog and carries the +2 bonus with him/her until Pog's next turn?

Optimize: "Play this card to give one hero in this space +2 on attack rolls until your next turn."

It seems to me that when Pog plays Optimize, it "gives" the hero in his space +2 on all attack rolls until Pog's next turn. Nothing is said about where the hero must be when he attacks. Since it lasts until Pog's next turn, it seems likely it's intended to take effect before the optimized hero takes his turn, during which he is likely to move and then attack.

chamr wrote:
2) Canice's Leveler: do I only need to hit with an attack roll and then the target is automatically knocked down? Or do I need to succeed at a damage roll for the target to be knocked down?

Leveler: "This attack causes no damage. The target is knocked down."

It seems to me that no damage roll is made since no damage is done. Even if you roll for damage, none is done. And since it hits, "the target is knocked down."

chamr wrote:
3) Pog's Duck: is the "any other hero can be targeted" mean per Villain tactic? Or per Villain? So, for example, if an activated Villain only has Pog as a valid target for their first two tactics, but has another hero as a valid target for their third tactic, can I play Duck to force the Villain to go to their third tactic and target a different hero?

Duck: "Play this card when one or more villains activate. Pog is not a valid target if any other hero can be targeted."

It seems to me that since it is played when a villain activates, Pog is simply ignored as a valid target for any consideration. Therefore if, as in your example, there is no other valid target to use for their first two tactics, then the villain would continue on to their third tactic and target the other hero.

chamr wrote:
4) Hostile: does a rampaging 'Jack, for instance, attack a Villain that's the closest enemy (being hostile means everyone is the rampaging 'Jack's enemy) even though the Tactics guide references "hero" specifically for all tactics rather than "enemy"?

Hostile: "A hostile character treats all other characters as enemies, and all characters treat it as an enemy. If a hostile character has multiple valid targets, he chooses the target with the highest Health."

Good point about the Tactics referring to "target hero" but the Hostile effect makes characters "enemies". Nonetheless, it seems to me that the intent is that they are treated as a valid target during tactic resolution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SirRoke wrote:
Good point about the Tactics referring to "target hero" but the Hostile effect makes characters "enemies". Nonetheless, it seems to me that the intent is that they are treated as a valid target during tactic resolution.

I received confirmation of this interpretation from one of the designers on Privateer Press' forums: "You are interpreting it correctly. The rules are written to reflect the common way that villains activate. Hostile villains are an exception to the core rules."
http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?239287-Enemie...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Chambers
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. Thanks for the help and input, Richard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.