Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Keyes
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
1. Will the 2nd ed. have higher quality components, or is it just a reprint with some additional player aids?

2. Are there any major complaints against this game?

EDIT: actually a third question:

3. Are the counters punchable, or do you really have to cut them out as some posts indicate?
END EDIT

Thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I'll answer the third question: Yes, you have to cut them out and assemble them yourself. At least in the first edition -- I didn't know a second was coming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Keyes
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the reply... when you say assemble, what kind of assembly is required with this game?

Thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Tarantine
United States
Altoona
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just cutting out the Player/NPC counters, scoring the bend lines and folding them. That's it for assembly.

All the other counters are punchable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sinister
United States
Unspecified
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
you acutally could buy the minis and then there's no assembly just punching out cardboard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander B.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
You can also cut the counters out in half and use them flat. I prefer this to standing them up.

Getting miniatures is best, f course

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Keyes
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
If one gets the complete set of minis, then does that cover all of the characters, npcs, etc.?

Also, are the minis 15mm? Could i use 30mm instead of my own (thinking of the upcoming Starship Troopers: Evolution), or do 15mm figures fit on the modules better?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Tarantine
United States
Altoona
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes, the minis are 15mm scale; the size of the squares is probably way too small to use 28 - 30 mm scale. I have them on order but don't have them yet so not much other help.

There is the complete set and then the complete booster set to complete the original complete set. There's pictures on the official site http://www.battlestations.info

Edit to fix link
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Keyes
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
That's why i'm confused - i should just get the complete set... which is now the "real" complete set (as opposed to what used to be the complete set pre-expansions), correct?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Siadek
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I just want to be clear that second edition is a long way off. We are still selling first edition strong and are busy completing the 3rd and 4th expansions. We won't even start the second edition rewrite until at least 2008.

It is all speculation for now but the second edition will be more of a 1.1 than a true second edition. We've been pleased with how the first edition went and there are only minor tweaks planned. The second edition will be compatible with all of the first edition stuff.

We haven't figured out yet whether we'll be including modules and counters with the second edition or just releasing it as a book. Anybody who is waiting for second edition has a long wait ahead of them.

Jeff Siadek
Designer and Publisher of Battlestations
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Tarantine
United States
Altoona
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK if i'm reading it correctly (and i've fixed my spelling error in my first post so the website listed actually exists) The complete set is a complete set. The booster is only for if you got the old complete set pre-expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greycloak
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is good to know.

What about a second printing? I remember seeing somewhere that a reprint was scheduled for sometime in 07, and that the first editions would become collector items.

If a second printing does occur, what general changes can we expect from what's available now?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sinister
United States
Unspecified
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
I don't think Jeff is considering a first edition reprint unless all the first edition books and boxes sells completely out.

If he did reprint one I suspect you would find it to be the same book except the current errata, and the very few rule changes made in the last few expansions.

Thumbs up on the minis, I'm not a good painter, but I didn't paint any of my minis, I just shell them out before a demo or game all silver looking, given the time, these minis could look really great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greycloak
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found the email that I was thinking of, and it was mentioning a second ed, rather than a reprint. Jeff's recent post in this thread, does clarify things a great deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.