So it goes.
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What's a "standard box?" Do you mean something like a shoe box? An emptied cereal box? A refrigerator box?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Ingeland
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I mean the standard NorthStar game box with dancing party people on it. See the icon on top of this page.
We backers were promised to receive our games in special edition game boxes WITHOUT the party crowd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
He's talking about this:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1923120194/the-evolutio...
Quote:
Unlocked - $200k - A set of 7 promo cards called "Sharp Teeth" created by Kickstarter backer "Jeremy Kaemmer", a giant Bird Meeple start player token, and a special limited edition box cover for your game(s) instead of the normal retail box cover. These limited edition art covers (shown above) do not have the North Star Games branding logo at the bottom of box.

Pete (helps?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe you should ask North Star directly instead of going straight to BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan | In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this | Combat Commander series fan | The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me! | Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzy┼╝ Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
plezercruz wrote:
Pete (helps?)

Always. I see your avatar, I read your stuff.

David (does not have a man crush on Pete and his posts ... no, no, no)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Bigmore
England
Abingdon
Oxon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My Flight expansion was the standard (retail?) box, but the main game was the promised KS version without the silhouettes.

Didn't particularly bother me. Perhaps they ran out of the good stuff. I was advised to contact customerservice@northstargames.com if I wanted replacements. Not sure if that applied to wrong boxes, or just bent promos and broken start markers. It probably should apply to all though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Ingeland
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did send them a message via Kickstarter.

It's just odd..I mean, I've backed 307 projects on KS (a bit over the top I guess) and I've never NOT received any promised rewards..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Junkie
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Really odd. I got the games yesterday. My main game has the silhouettes, while the Flight expansion does not.

Not that it matters, I am perfectly fine with both of them.

Edit: typo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
Go to the NorthStarGames.com website and click on the "contact Us" tab. That's the best way to reach Jonathan. He manages our customer service and he will take good care of you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doc Jones
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm, I didn't even realize that was a "backer perk"! I do appear to have the special non-branded boxes for both Evolution & Flight though. Nifty!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have a similar error. My fligth box is also the regular retail one.
Haven't heard back from Northstar so far, but I guess they are fully occupied with Essen right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of us are fully occupied at Essen, but Jonathan is at the office, and he's managing our customer service. The best way to reach him is to click on the "Contact Us" tab on the NorthStarGames.com website. Nick is the person running the Kickstarter campaign, and he is in Essen setting up the booth right now (I need to hurry up and join him!), so it's better not to use the Kickstarter messaging system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
onkel Mac
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wrong box for me too cry
And damaged promo cards cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Ingeland
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jonathan sent me a message saying

"I'm unsure what went wrong in this case, but I'm very sorry for the mix-up. I'm forwarding your information to our European distributor so that we can see about getting you a replacement box. If you're going to be at Spiel Essen we can also take care of you there if you let me know before it begins."

Nothing else since then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Torstensson
msg tools
I also got the retail box but it was swiftly dealt with after I sent an email to their customer support.

The game has been a smash hit in my group and with Mr Fabulous Lizard on the cover it can rightfully claim the spotlight in my games cabinet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.