Jon Badolato
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Under cover of darkness and with security present, the Oklahoma Ten Commandments monument was removed last night for placement elsewhere

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/oklahoma-ten-commandment...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
But Pharaohs heart was still hardened.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rico
United States
Mill Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another win for Satan! Thanks buddy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The statue should sue under RFRA for an exemption to that whole Article IV nonsense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Preisach
United States
East McKeesport
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gelrod wrote:
I'm sad. I was really hoping I'd get to see the lucifer statue. It's way better than that big ugly tablet.

Same here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
Heart full of soul, head full of shit
badge
Snob of the People
mbmbmbmbmb
HAVE NO FEAR

Oklahoma Governor Mary Fallin has promised to work on an amendment to the state constitution that will allow public resources to be used for religious displays.

Oklahoma Attorney General Scott Pruitt has vowed to ensure that public prayers can occur during public school sporting events.

I can think of no more important issues for my government to address.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Preisach
United States
East McKeesport
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JoshBot wrote:
HAVE NO FEAR

Oklahoma Governor Mary Fallin has promised to work on an amendment to the state constitution that will allow public resources to be used for religious displays.

Oklahoma Attorney Genral Scott Pruitt has vowed to ensure that public prayers can occur during public school sporting events.

So, you're saying that Oklahoma might actually have to pay for the Lucifer statue. Awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
mbmbmbmbmb
JoshBot wrote:

You heathens just don't get it, as long as you properly idolize a statue of some stone tablets, God will fix all the other problems. That is the problem with modern peoples, they are always trying to fix things themselves. If they would just sit around marveling at statues, God would take care of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mutton Chops
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JoshBot wrote:
HAVE NO FEAR

I thought you might want to know that an anagram of "Governor Mary Fallin", is "O, Mr! Rely on Vagina! ROFL".

No?

Ah well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JoshBot wrote:
HAVE NO FEAR

Oklahoma Attorney Genral Scott Pruitt has vowed to ensure that public prayers can occur during public school sporting events.

They're not idiots -- they got this far in politics, didn't they?
So they have to know that this stuff is dead on its face and they're just wasting buckets of money in court costs as the inevitable (and successful) challenges just wend their way through the court system.

Strike that -- they're not wasting money at all, since this is just advertising money for the inevitable campaigns for Congress on the WE STOOD UP FOR GOD platform.

The Church of Satan is now my favorite organization of professional trolls. They have succeeded where the ACLU failed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Parsons
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What kind of monument will they construct for my apparently new religion of Veganism? I imagine anything they put up will eventually, if not right off of the bat, start to stink something awful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
mbmbmbmbmb
batman wrote:
What kind of monument will they construct for my apparently new religion of Veganism? I imagine anything they put up will eventually, if not right off of the bat, start to stink something awful.

It will probably be something like Ronald McDonald being fed to hogs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Holy shit, rebuilding your games collection is expensive!
badge
Phelanpt Feb 11, 2:15 PM: evils have mostly stood by and watch goods fall. except for emme. she's spinning them round and round.
mbmbmbmbmb
JoshBot wrote:
HAVE NO FEAR

At this point I'm just wondering if the Christians need all of these symbols around all of the time to assist them as they pray for the guts and courage to be less insecure. The perpetual "I want my symbols here and there and everywhere!" smells like a confidence issue. Are Christians perpetually anxious because the Jews and the Hindus repeatedly whoop them when things like education and wealth are evaluated?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Russell
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if I could get professional sports declared a religion, then use this ruling to outlaw public money being spent on temples arenas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serious? Lee
United States
Coppell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Lost in thought.
mbmbmbmbmb
Was it really necessary to remove it "under the cover of night" and "by a heavy security presence"? Seems a bit of overkill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Edwards
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
leemc13 wrote:
Was it really necessary to remove it "under the cover of night" and "by a heavy security presence"? Seems a bit of overkill.

I'm pretty sure noone has ever reported works being done during night time hours as anything other than "under the cover of night". It probably reminds journalists of their dreams of being successful novelists.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Gilligan
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would have been much cooler if a Kaiju Moses had shown up to remove the monument. Something like this:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
qzhdad wrote:
I wonder if I could get professional sports declared a religion, then use this ruling to outlaw public money being spent on temples arenas?

It already is; it just needs a little push.
During Deflategate around here, the only thing missing was the rending of garments and tearing of beards. We had the bloodletting and gnashing of teeth covered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.