Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Kolodji
United States
Laporte
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
On the next mission there is a narrow corridor and I want to do some blocking so the master kobolds can search and keep the heroes on the other side. My choices for big monsters would be shadow dragons or ynfernal hulks. It seems a toss up. The shadow ability is negated with reach or ranged. The hulks knock back ability might be nice to move the heroes around, make them use more movement points or fatigue to move. I could also pick hybrid sentinels, but don't think they'd be that good at blocking. Any thoughts would be helpful. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're trying to block a two-space-wide hallway, then definitely don't go with Hybrid Sentinels. They have decent defense, but not compared to Shadow Dragons.

It really depends on what you're up against. You mention that the heroes can get by Shadow with Reach and Ranged attacks -- can all of them do that? If so, then that's probably not the right choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Siu Kee Lee
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If your heroes have Pierce weaponry and/or weapons that can move monsters (Crossbow or Whip), Golems would be the best choice for blocking, I reckon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Kolodji
United States
Laporte
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the help. I just got golems and wanted to try them. Unfortunately, they don't have the right traits for this quest. There will be a mage with a staff, a trident with reach, the other 2 have normal melee weapons. I think I'll go with the ynfernal hulks and hopefully do a lot of knockback. This quest also has hellhounds that appear once the objective token is found. I hope to find it right away and then be able to pincer the heroes between them and the hulks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Two heroes with non-Reach melee weapons seem like a good time for Shadow Dragons. If you're clever, you might even be able to wedge the Mage and/or Trident-user into a spot where they have to be adjacent to the Shadow Dragons anyway, forcing them to deal with Shadow.

Ynfernal Hulks are good too, but Knockback is best when there are pit spaces around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Kolodji
United States
Laporte
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
There are no pit spaces or lava to knock them into. So I think shadow dragons it is. I'll just try to make the heroes attack adjacent like you said. thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.