United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
"Try to pretend like you understand what's important."
badge
"Crafted with genius, energized with madness."
mbmbmbmbmb
Nightmare Training aside, has anyone else seen any other way to repeatedly (have a chance at) leveling accuracy? Just want to make sure I haven't overlooked any other options.

The Bone Witch event hit one of my people with the -4 ACC +4 STR buff a couple years back. This year, she hit my entire party with it, including my Twilight Knight-in-training with Ageless and King's Step. Pretty much all of my people with any amount of XP are sitting at -2 or -3 accuracy pre-equipment. And it sucks. And I'm about to fight The Hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hellena Handbasket
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Story of the Young Hero, which you can grab after Lantern Year 12 from the White Speaker event, has a 1/10 chance of giving a new survivor +1 accuracy in addition to improving a couple other stats. It also gives a survival generating ability that can be extremely powerful if you equip a character with the hour's ring. Just use the storytelling innovation once in a while and you should be able to grab it. The Clan of Death innovation also improves accuracy in addition to a couple other stats for all new survivors in a settlement.

Most of the accuracy stuff I've seen is late game. Early game I'd rely on red saviors since they get automatic hits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Teves II
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had Clan of Death for a few years now and it's great. I have and have had red saviors.

What I'm really looking for though is a way to fix these already existing characters, hoping to offset what the Bone Witch event did to them. -4 accuracy is awful. I'd rather suffer the event's '1' result than this, the 2-4 result.

Guess Nightmare Training it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Downey
United States
Richmond
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget cooking. 3 Eye Stew gives +1 permanent accuracy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Teves II
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only ever seen a bug terrain tile once. I don't have access to Barber Surgeon, so I can't make the trap kit thing to make it appear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmit Svenson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
The Bone Witch is a pain. She eats up so many innovations!

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Not putting her on the timeline is a huge benefit to choosing "Accept Darkness". I'd consider wiping a hunt just to keep her from coming back. That, or make a bunch of Lantern Helms.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Teves II
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
emmit svenson wrote:
The Bone Witch is a pain. She eats up so many innovations!

Not putting her on the timeline is a huge benefit to choosing "Accept Darkness". I'd consider wiping a hunt just to keep her from coming back. That, or make a bunch of Lantern Helms.

Looking at my sheet, it seems that on one of her visits I was able to roll well enough to get her to not come back, but something else re-added later, but I can't remember what. So, if that is the case, choosing "Accept Darkness" only would have avoided one series of her.

That, or one of her visits I accidentally added four years later instead of three and am just now noticing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hellena Handbasket
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
poeticallybored wrote:
I've only ever seen a bug terrain tile once. I don't have access to Barber Surgeon, so I can't make the trap kit thing to make it appear.

I'm going for a hardcore gathering oriented settlement for my next settlement. Every piece of gathering gear I can build, as early as I can build it, and going for the gathering oriented principles and innovations. Cooking, especially, looks super powerful if you can get it going.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Teves II
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in Year 14 I haven't drawn Pottery once... even with Symposium's bonus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ennui
United States
Peachtree City
Georgia
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm on year 6 and I've only innovated once.
Getting 1 of each type of resource was really tough early on.

Am I doomed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien M
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think I've ever not got at least one of each and we've gone on at least 20 or so hunts (all lv1 due to game-overs). Are you drawing enough resources? 4 Basic and 4 Hunt-specific for a level 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stu Jones
United States
Clearfield
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Entice wrote:
I don't think I've ever not got at least one of each and we've gone on at least 20 or so hunts (all lv1 due to game-overs). Are you drawing enough resources? 4 Basic and 4 Hunt-specific for a level 1.

There was one time we got no bones...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ennui
United States
Peachtree City
Georgia
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been drawing the correct amount of resources, but either I draw too little of one thing, or I spent them foolishly early on in the game on weapons/armor/frenzy drinks.

You've got to spend 3/8 resources that you get (once I only got 6 for hunting a wounded lion), and then only if you have the right mix. I'm seeing ways to pump up the number of resources (judicious use of thrown sharp rocks) so it's been tough. Next time I think I'll be more on the right track.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.