Popular Tags: [View All]
Trevor Kindree
Canada
Waterdown
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ever have that dream, the one where you're playing a board game, and then you wake up to find that it was all a dream?

Now, take that dream, and vividly remember it. Now, that dream, have it be that you're not only playing Dice City, but that you're teaching it to new players for your first game. Somewhat curious, you check the rules online on a whim, only to find that you had most of them very accurate.

I've never played or read the rules before, but I've watched Rahdo do his runthrough to get a feel for it, flipping through randomly. I remember more rules than Rahdo explained or went through, and can remember dreaming parts he flubbed a little (did not see video notes from my mobile phone). This is one of the four dreams I can remember within 2015.

Now I'm very confused - do I buy it to make it prophetic? Do I count the dream game as a play, and log it? What the heck is going on!?! I promised my wife I wouldn't buy any more games this year! If my dream self owns it, do I? Or have I fully descended into madness?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Burleigh II
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Bless the Maker and His water... Bless the coming and going of Him... May His passage cleanse the world...
mbmbmbmbmb
FreezenFire wrote:
Now I'm very confused - do I buy it to make it prophetic? Do I count the dream game as a play, and log it? What the heck is going on!?! I promised my wife I wouldn't buy any more games this year! If my dream self owns it, do I? Or have I fully descended into madness?

Absolutely - log the play!
If it happens on the dream plane, it occurred somewhere.

I am mostly vegetarian (seafood occasionally), and I abnormally have dreams that I eat bacon.
It's a strange feeling to wake up, able to taste it.
Or, in the dream to know I'm vegetarian and I don't eat bacon.
But I still do it.

I guess to answer the question about buying Dice City:
I still haven't bought and/or eaten bacon since I've dreamt about it… Or have I?

(The first time I had a dream where I ate bacon was just over 5 years ago.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
Show me something that beats a natural 20 and I'll show you hateful lies.
badge
We've taken care of everything...
mbmbmbmbmb
Bacon is the one good must vegetarians miss port my friends. Come to the meat side, we have bacon.

I had a game Sean this weekend but can't remember anything else except that vague memory I had one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think I've ever had this with a boardgame (a real one, anyway; I've made up several in dreams), but I've had this experience with a roleplaying game, back in the 90s.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Fergin
United States
Baltimore
MD
flag msg tools
Homer Simpson
badge
"Trying is the first step towards failure."
mbmbmbmbmb
Log it and buy it in your next dream.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darthain wrote:
Bacon is the one good must vegetarians miss port my friends.
Who needs comprehension when you have bacon?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Make sure you put this on your wish list for your wife for your next gift

That way she can get it for you and you still keep your promise and you'll make your dream reality
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mel
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Aren't you glad I'm not the pied piper?
badge
I should be able to get a good grip on my Elephant when it arrives!
mbmbmbmbmb
perrygf wrote:
Log it and buy it in your next dream.

I think it would be funny to log it. Log it as is - as a dream. Someone will run into that sometime while scanning the logs and get a good laugh out of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig C
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought you were posting about the dream where you're standing atop an Aztec temple in sun-god robes surrounded by thousands of women throwing tiny pickles at you.

Or am I the only one who has that dream?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maf man
United States
Portage
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FreezenFire wrote:
I promised my wife I wouldn't buy any more games this year!

so was it a dream about next year?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine is always I am at bgg.con and everyone is playing a game, but none of them look familiar. And when I finally find one that I want to play, I wake up.

And I'm usually naked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wilson
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Bacon smells better than it tastes, and is irrationally overrated compared to other delicious foods. Come at me.

My only dream is dropping like $1500 to buy my entire Wishlist at once. My first "play" session would just be to sit and stare at them. The 2nd would be unboxing everything. Only on the 3rd session would I consider playing anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Kindree
Canada
Waterdown
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You have no idea how freaked out I was to wake up, (1) remember a dream, (2) where I'm teaching a game, (3) that I've never played, (4) where I have the rules CORRECT (for the most part) for this game, and (5) I'm not allowed to get.

Got hit with a hefty household bill, so no sneaking money out (I don't need to, I've got enough now and coming via previous KS backings), however, now I really want to play the game in the waking world.

As for the bacon discussion, I've only this to say: https://youtu.be/wSReSGe200A
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Mcpherson
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mawilson4 wrote:
Bacon smells better than it tastes, and is irrationally overrated compared to other delicious foods. Come at me.

My only dream is dropping like $1500 to buy my entire Wishlist at once. My first "play" session would just be to sit and stare at them. The 2nd would be unboxing everything. Only on the 3rd session would I consider playing anything.

Your buying the wrong Bacon. But you are right that it doesn't compare to some other great dishes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.