Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Parker
United States
Bethel
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If two or more corporations have the same stock price then their markers are stacked on the stock price chart. The order the markers are stacked helps decide when each corporation acts.

If a player sells stock in two or more corporations DURING A SINGLE TURN then all those markers will fall one box on the stock price chart. And the rules are clear that these markers being moved are to be placed under any markers which are already present at the new (lower) price.

But what if two of the markers being moved started at the same place. How should they be stacked relative to each other?

I can see two possibilities.

1) The player selling the shares decides the order.
2) The shares remain in the same relative order as they were in before the sale.

I'm leaning towards #2 based on the argument that, if a player was that determined to change the order then they could choose to sell the stock over several different turns in the same stock round. But I would like to know what others think or if anybody has any insight from the designers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Parker
United States
Bethel
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Quote:
From my memory I assume, that you can have several selling operations during your turn of the stockround and one buyingoperation.

That assumption is really the heart of my question. I don't see any specific mention of there being several different 'selling operations' during your turn. Nor does it explicitly say that all of your sales happen simultaneously (although there is mention that all sales must preceed your one buying operation in a given turn).

For reference, here's what Section 5.2 Selling Stock says...

A player may sell any number of stock shares on his or her turn, subject to the limits below. The player receives the current stock price for each share sold, places the stock certificates in the Stock Market and adjusts the stock price for each Corporation in which share(s) were sold downwards one box (even if the player sold more than one stock share of a given Corporation during that stock sale).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
In the event of a player selling share(s) in two corporations whose stock price started in the same box, the player determines the order in which these sales occured and thus, the order in which the stock markers will be stacked in any new price box that they enter (assuming that these markers are not initially on a ledge or the bottom row).

That multiple sales operations in some order are occuring (as opposed to all being combined into one atomic operation) was supposed to be conveyed by the use of "each share" in the rules section that you quoted. Sorry if that wasn't clear to you...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.