Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Foster Caldaroni
United States
Warrenville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since someone is reprinting b-17 QOTS. (http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/160903/target-today) I wish a publisher would look into reprinting and modernizing this game as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Teoro
United States
Bloomington
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Though I have this game, I would gladly purchase an updated version, keeping the original as well.

I need to do the campaign. Maybe next year I will do it on the associated dates; I think that would be quite the experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Scott
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here here! There was a mock-up posted recently with transparent unit markers and a backdrop that looked amazing. Lots of potential here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Truesdell
United States
Uniontown
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sign me up for the Ipad version, perfect for that format.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean
United States
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A remake would have been a great tie-in with the movie "Fury"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
fosterc1981 wrote:
Since someone is reprinting b-17 QOTS. (http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/160903/target-today) I wish a publisher would look into reprinting and modernizing this game as well.

I just realized that this is the project formerly known as "Bombs Away" -- it appears that they changed the title without letting me know...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Scott
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think it's a reprint either, it's a new game based on the same core game mechanics as QotS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin W
Germany
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
Sprechen Sie Talk?
mbmbmbmbmb
Still no news or chance of a reprint?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Wynn
United States
Collierville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a project I'd love to take on from a graphics/layout position, but I wouldn't feel comfortable designing the upgraded rule and mechanics. I'm just not that familiar with real world tank operations. I own and play PB, and every time I do, I say to myself this could use a modernization with graphics, rules and components.

I'd be interested in working with a team of developers, and think it would be well-received.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Frederick
United States
Lexington
KY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sundog wrote:
This is a project I'd love to take on from a graphics/layout position, but I wouldn't feel comfortable designing the upgraded rule and mechanics. I'm just not that familiar with real world tank operations. I own and play PB, and every time I do, I say to myself this could use a modernization with graphics, rules and components.

I'd be interested in working with a team of developers, and think it would be well-received.

I agree and I'd buy it. There's a remake of B-17 QoTS by Legion Games called Target for Today which met it's pre-order goals very quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Williamson
Democratic Republic of the Congo
msg tools
Agree. I'm using the Guerdian's Best module and it's darn good. Because I travel a lot to places with poor internet for computer games and limited space to spread out a board game, I keep a portable version in the luggage. This is a copy of the battle board, maps and panzer cards laminated so I just use a dry erase marker instead of counters. Instead of fiddling with and finding counters, just make the marks with the marker. Makes the game go lightening fast that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Wynn
United States
Collierville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
elpasojustin wrote:
Agree. I'm using the Guerdian's Best module and it's darn good. Because I travel a lot to places with poor internet for computer games and limited space to spread out a board game, I keep a portable version in the luggage. This is a copy of the battle board, maps and panzer cards laminated so I just use a dry erase marker instead of counters. Instead of fiddling with and finding counters, just make the marks with the marker. Makes the game go lightening fast that way.
Great idea, Justin! Where can I find the module you speak of? I'd like to give it look.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dave Prasse
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Excellent idea !
It'd look like a tactical map ... I like it , as I'm over the road. All the time ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dave Prasse
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sundog wrote:
elpasojustin wrote:
Great idea, Justin! Where can I find the module you speak of? I'd like to give it look.

Here on thevGeek !

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/83185/guderians-best-v3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.