Popular Tags: [View All]
Marshall Miller
United States
Malden
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
The Warren is a roleplaying game about intelligent rabbits trying to make the best of a world filled with hazards, predators and, worst of all, other rabbits.
badge
Marshall is a Boston-based researcher and game designer.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, perhaps its just me, but I would love to see expansions for the British and Italian factions. Has anyone heard anything clanging around in the pipes about any future expansions? (is BattleLore taking over?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall Miller
United States
Malden
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
The Warren is a roleplaying game about intelligent rabbits trying to make the best of a world filled with hazards, predators and, worst of all, other rabbits.
badge
Marshall is a Boston-based researcher and game designer.
mbmbmbmbmb
That's pretty much what I figured. However I disagree about there not being much place for other factions. The british units would make a nice small expansion pack and would be nice to flesh out some battles and also to allow you to have allies in battles (2p v 1p). Perhaps they could just have some single units to add, or some nice desert minis with jeeps. They could also have some special rules like the russians. The Italians, well, I'm not really up on them as much. However, they would maintain a balance between the two sides, and they could also simply be a couple of special "allied" (axised?) units. Perhaps between the british and the italians, they could make up one expansion. Besides, it seems like a new expansion on the horizon could keep memoir '44 selling strong (or clear out stock) in spite of the BattleLore craze! (Or even, gasp, steal some stuff from BattleLore. You could set up famous generals and strategists to give you specific advantages for campaign games?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Averett
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
uh...whose turn is it?
badge
I spent 100gg for this?!?!
mbmbmbmbmb
There are counters that ID units as Italians and British as well as other nationalities already included in the game and expansions. DoW has announced that the carrying case will have some air rules included (iirc) and I personally doubt if they would release any expansions right after shipping the carrying case. If the case has specific spots for more expansions then that would tell me that there will be more coming, otherwise we'll just have to wait and see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe F.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to see the British and Italians added to Memoir'44, but I don't think that will happen for several reasons:
1. Battlelore is the cash cow now.
2. Carrying Case will hold enough for the existing armies. How do I know this? It was said the case would be large enough for overlord scenarios which is 2x the base game or think about it, 1 base game, the extra snow board and the 2 extra armies (Soviets and Japanese). So I doubt they will add a 5th army without room in the case
3. Look at the lack of official scenarios coming out for Memoir '44 now! The terrain pack has plenty of pieces not used in any scenario. Discounting all the "from the front ones".
4. Battlelore is the cash cow now.

I would love to complete my WW2 game with all six major powers (Germany, USA, Soviets, Japanese, British, and Italians), even maybe add some minors nations but I would bet against it sadly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Reynolds
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe just the commonwealth forces (British, Australians and Canadians) would give you everything you need for most battles throughout WW2. The Italians would come second, not because they aren't as important, but because they didn't have as many actions.

I would also love to see french resistance units (basically insurgents and morale building troops), and an expansion of specialized units from all the major armies in one pack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko Ruf
Germany
Schönaich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think I would buy any more expansions right now. What I would pick up immediately is a scenario book featuring all the optional rules and tiles from the existing expansions. The terrain pack was a letdown for me as it included only 4 scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Casadonte
United States
Media
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
The compass always points to Terrapin.
mbmbmbmbmb
Niko Ruf wrote:
What I would pick up immediately is a scenario book

Here! Here! We need more scenarios!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.