Subject: Initial German Campaign Set-up and 2nd impulse rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jim aranyi
United States
Tega Cay
South Carolina
flag msg tools
I used to play TRC often (solo) years ago and getting ready to put it back on the table but as I look through postings on here and other sites I either confused myself or interpret the initial campaign set-up wrong for the Germans.

Using rules 3.4 (at start set up) and 4.4 (second impulse) as the background for my question here is what I see for the German units:

-Army Group North units can only attack the Baltic Military District on the first impulse of turn one.
-Army Group Centre units can only attack the Western M. D. on 1st impulse of turn one.
-Army Group South units can only attack the Kiev M. D. on 1st impulse of turn one.

That said (and this is where I get confused) the way I interpret this is that the Germans outside of the 1st impulse attack restrictions, they can in fact initially set up anywhere just as long as they are not within Russian ZOC. So the German North units can set up in Romania for example and attack the Odessa district on the second impulse if they wanted to. Or AG South can in fact set up in the area where "normally" the AG North or Centre would have set up, or I could have the AG North and Centre units set up in Romania. Can someone please clarify this for me? I keep reading about MOO on Odessa and is this how they do it?

thanks Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerónimo Menéndez
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
Romper y no doblar
mbmbmbmbmb
Your interpretation is correct. It is not uncommon to set up panzer units in Romania to help breaking the russian front in second impulse or to run behind the russian lines after a break in the first impulse. Restrictions are about attacking, not set up.

If you can make some Automatic Victories (10/1) the panzer units belonging to another Army Group can exploit the breach and attack the russians from behind in the second impulse. Or they can run straight ahead to Moscow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jim aranyi
United States
Tega Cay
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Much appreciated for providing clarity. Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.