18 Posts

Anima Tactics» Forums » General

Subject: Buying Anima Tactics Minis rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
maj n. jeb
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been looking at different miniatures games recently and came across Anima Tactics. What is the state of the game right now? The sites I usually buy games from either don't have these minis listed, or they are out of stock. Is it worth the time to get into this? Are there other similar miniature games? Lots of questions...

I'm not huge into miniatures games, I mostly do board games. I recently got into Pulp City and wanted to get a feel of other minis games (aside from 40k).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm afraid I can't tell you a thing about the state of the game; I don't know anyone who plays in my area, and as far as I know it has always been quite "niche".

Miniature Market used to have a good variety of the minis, but they do seem out of stock on a lot right now; not sure if that's temporary of if they are dropping the line.

Its a fun game, and it plays well with as little as 3-4 minis on a side so you can get started quite easily. However, the minis aren't cheap. The quality is quite good though; the sculpts are excellent and there's a lot of detail. If you enjoy the hobby aspect, they are a lot of fun to paint. If you don't enjoy the hobby aspect, the assembly may be overwhelming.

The gameplay is focused on a few detailed characters. There's a lot of tactics in managing the character's action points and special abilities.

If you've got any specific questions I'd be happy to try answer them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Rose
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm saddened to say the Anima Tactics miniatures line has been discontinued.
http://ninjadivision.com/cipher-studios-announces-anima-tact...
If you're looking to get into the game get what you can when you find it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DeviantMagick wrote:
I'm saddened to say the Anima Tactics miniatures line has been discontinued.
http://ninjadivision.com/cipher-studios-announces-anima-tact...
If you're looking to get into the game get what you can when you find it.

Well, that's too bad.

Guess I better start looking for clearance sales on them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim M-L
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect you've already missed the bulk of clearance sales, but there are still figures out there in stores. I would like to get a copy of the full rule book, but I've only ever seen one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maj n. jeb
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone for the information. Looks like I'll try to find the minis I want whenever they pop up. Just need to to keep an eye out for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Having finally gotten to actually read the cancellation statement, they are still available from Ninja Division and sounds like they may be regularly; just no NEW content and no support for other distributors.

Can't say I'm all that concerned about not getting new content; 150 models is plenty. (Only 100ish to go for me! )

Not being able to buy at online discounts is a bigger deal...these minis are just a tad too pricy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maj n. jeb
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I grabbed about 10 minis I liked on ebay. That's probably all I'll get for now, until I can find the remaining handful of minis I like but weren't available. In the meantime I'll read over the resources online.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ervin Carder
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
hate to bring an old thread back from the dead, but, has anyone found these minis lately. My buddy and I used to play but his figures got stolen/misplaced, and I was gonna buy him his old squad for Christmas (Azur Alliance) but I can't seem to find them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ervin Carder
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
hate to bring an old thread back from the dead, but, has anyone found these minis lately. My buddy and I used to play but his figures got stolen/misplaced, and I was gonna buy him his old squad for Christmas (Azur Alliance) but I can't seem to find them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They occasionally show up on ebay, but its very hit-or-miss. You may want to join the Anima Tactics Facebook group; there have been a few people on there selling collections, and they may have some good advice.

Best of luck finding stuff. That's a real bummer that his stuff was stolen/misplaced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim M-L
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ervin, if you want to send me a PM with a list of what you are looking for, I will see what I have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ervin Carder
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
I'm looking for any azur alliance stuff. I just bought the church starter from someone tonight, who I used to play with lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
timlillig wrote:
Ervin, if you want to send me a PM with a list of what you are looking for, I will see what I have.

Are you generally looking to get rid of stuff, or is this just to help him out? Because there's a ton of stuff I'm looking for.

(Though...I've been trying to hold off until after Christmas. My wife just gave me 3 more minis for my birthday. )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ervz wrote:
I'm looking for any azur alliance stuff. I just bought the church starter from someone tonight, who I used to play with lol.

Hmm. I've got a few extras, but they are all Church, and probably mostly from the Church boxed set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim M-L
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
StormKnight wrote:
timlillig wrote:

Are you generally looking to get rid of stuff, or is this just to help him out? Because there's a ton of stuff I'm looking for.

(Though...I've been trying to hold off until after Christmas. My wife just gave me 3 more minis for my birthday. )

A bit of both. I bought a bag full of blisters at a local auction, so I'm sure I have some duplicates or figures I don't really want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
timlillig wrote:
A bit of both. I bought a bag full of blisters at a local auction, so I'm sure I have some duplicates or figures I don't really want.

I've got the insane goal of getting (almost*) every figure. Probably futile.

* There are a very, very few figures I don't like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hoier
United States
Sioux Falls
South Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
People have already done an awesome job of answering your questions, but I'll add what I know:

It has been killed off. In my opinion it happened when the group who made it focused heavily on rebooting and Kickstarting their other miniature line (Helldorado) and then became overwhelmed by that. Shortly after this was announced as "dead" and no one hears of Helldorado anymore. I believe it was mostly just two brothers running things. I personally believe they Kickstarted the wrong game.

I am with you in that I primarily love board games. This was the first miniature game I got into (because it is gorgeous!) and I love it. The rules are clean, there is lots of room for strategy, etc. I feel this is aimed at board game and video game lovers.

Finally, don't buy randomly. Focus on two factions (you have rules to follow when making your "army") so you have one faction for yourself and another for your opponent. Plus, this way, your characters will play well together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.