T.I.M.E Stories» Forums » General

Subject: Release Date? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Lodge
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Does anyone know when the estimated release date of the English version is please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Lindum Colonia
Flavia Caesariensis
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Estimated arrival 27/10/2015

Not seen The Marcy Case listed anywhere though.

A Prophecy of Dragons is listed as Q4 release, no idea if that'll be English version released at the same time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lodge
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for the quick response Chris. Are there any indications on the price as well? I know the core game includes the board and tokens etc, but I think a high price point given the limited replayability will put many off, even considering the value for money for the entertainment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Krakoff
United States
Massapequa
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is that Marcy Case is available at the base game release.

eindatadog wrote:

A Prophecy of Dragons is listed as Q4 release, no idea if that'll be English version released at the same time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hesy
Germany
Bad Iburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
mkrakoff wrote:
My understanding is that Marcy Case is available at the base game release.

eindatadog wrote:

In germany marcy case was released at the same time as the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lodge
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks Matt. I certainly think the Asylum one could be my favourite theme (imagining American Horror Story season 2)! However, my initial thoughts would be to buy the core game first, see how that plays with my fellow gamers, & if it's a hit, pick the expansions up at a later date.

Of course, this is going to be price dependent, if we're looking at say £40+ for the base set, I'll be thinking long and hard about my purchase. Up to £30 seems reasonable, especially if I compare some of my other games that cost less: Ghost Stories, Pandemic, Flash Point etc. to name a few.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Lindum Colonia
Flavia Caesariensis
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am also under the impression the Marcy Case is to be released at the same time but have not seen it listed anywhere, well in the UK I have not seen it. Maybe more info will come out at Essen, as i'm also interested in the Dragons Prophecy too.

Retail is £35 I think.

http://www.boardgamemonkey.co.uk/time-stories.html

£28, not incl P&P
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Krakoff
United States
Massapequa
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know it doesn't help you but both the base and Marcy case are available to pre-order at coolstuffinc.com however there is no official US date yet.

eindatadog wrote:
I am also under the impression the Marcy Case is to be released at the same time but have not seen it listed anywhere, well in the UK I have not seen it. Maybe more info will come out at Essen, as i'm also interested in the Dragons Prophecy too.

Retail is £35 I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Lindum Colonia
Flavia Caesariensis
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mkrakoff wrote:
I know it doesn't help you but both the base and Marcy case are available to pre-order at coolstuffinc.com however there is no official US date yet.

Ha, I actually like to use U.S sites as a barometer of upcoming stuff, then I can froth in rage at the deep discounts you get in the U.S.

Personally, I'm in, I think it'll be interesting and reminds me a little of the point and click games that I played as a kid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lodge
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Wonder what the price point of the expansions are going to be as well?

Ahh yes, point n click; how can you forget the Monkey Island series, Indiana Jones etc?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Lindum Colonia
Flavia Caesariensis
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes very fond of Monkey Island and Indiana, even had emulators to play them years ago when they vanished from the market.

Marcy Case I've seen listed at 25€ and 25$U.S retail so without starting to rage about price differences, UK should be in between. I did see it listed at 18£ but can not remember where, no source.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lodge
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
I think I may pass on Marcy Case; I've one or two zombie/horror styled games so Asylum will probably be more suitable for me initially, & then look at the future expansions afterwards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Lindum Colonia
Flavia Caesariensis
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Undoubtedly there'll be a secondary market on this, I hope folk give it a chance though as it appears to be something new, I think I'll try it with a few of my video gamer friends as I think it does have a lot in common, even newer games like Last of Us and Life is Strange.

The creation kit is a cool idea but I'm artistically illiterate. Interesting to see what they come up with, maybe get some other companies/artists doing expansions too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
Germany
Illerkirchberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Laardge11 wrote:
Does anyone know when the estimated release date of the English version is please?

I do not know when retailers will have it on their shelf, but base game + marcy case were/are available at the Essen fair in English...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eivind Olsen
Norway
Bergen
Hordaland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding Essen:
The current status is that they are now sold out of the English base game, but they have several copis of The Marcy Case.
(at least it was that way earlier today, 9th of October around 12:00)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Porter
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Cardhaus has the date listed as Oct 16th for preorder. Hopefully it's accurate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lodge
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
I've just ordered the base game from Boargameguru here in the UK. It was £32.49 delivered, but the more you order, you receive bigger discounts.

Marcy Case was listed as £16.49 I think plus delivery.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.