Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Women.

Seriously. This is a fantasy game. Where's the cleavage? The scantily clad sorceress? The bikini chainmail amazons? The witch in skin tight robes?

The only female I can find (Identifiably - for all I can tell, those ARE female hobgoblins) is the rogue. She isn't used in many scenarios, and she isn't exactly inviting looking.

Am I the only person who noticed this? Surely a staple of fantasy as important as wizards and goblins, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Roeber
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
They'll be in the black box expansion that you can purchase behind the Days of Wonder booth at GenCon this year.

Funny thing was, when I read your topic title, I thought the same thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Bennett
United States
Newton
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
Why did the painter paint the wall for free? Because it was on the house.
mbmbmbmbmb
And, coincidentally, this is what the New Line execs said to Peter Jackson after they read the first draft of his Lord of the Rings script.
shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Believe me, if more than 3 LOTR movies had been made SEX would have had to be introduced. Great movie making and storyline can only go so far...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I understand it's almost impossible to tell a clothed male dwarf from a clothed female dwarf.

As for the rest - well, it's a fantasy game, but it is a fantasy _combat_ game. Fantasy cleavage tends to be absent from such stories, and reserved for more stealthy or social fantasy environments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Frantz
United States
Wenatchee
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I mean, if Fantasy Flight would have made this game, you can be damn sure that cleric wouldn't be some fat dude....it'd be a hot chick sportin' 42 DDDD's. WHich, while I do enjoy that approach, always makes me a tad uncomfortable when I break the game out with the kiddies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sifu
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
chuckles2000 wrote:
that cleric wouldn't be some fat dude....it'd be a hot chick sportin' 42 DDDD's.

It's ironic that gluttony and god should travel together so often - but perhaps no more so than the alternative you mentioned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
Bikini chainmail amazons sounds like a good idea for one of the future expansion armies. They definately will be more pleasing to the eye than undead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Frantz
United States
Wenatchee
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
mrbeankc wrote:
Bikini chainmail amazons sounds like a good idea for one of the future expansion armies. They definately will be more pleasing to the eye than undead.

Undead Bikini chainmail amazons?

Don't tell me that wouldn't sell out in a heartbeat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chuckles2000 wrote:
mrbeankc wrote:

Undead Bikini chainmail amazons?

Don't tell me that wouldn't sell out in a heartbeat.

Guess you like em real thin, huh?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Geosphere wrote:
Women.

Seriously. This is a fantasy game. Where's the cleavage? The scantily clad sorceress? The bikini chainmail amazons? The witch in skin tight robes?

The only female I can find (Identifiably - for all I can tell, those ARE female hobgoblins) is the rogue. She isn't used in many scenarios, and she isn't exactly inviting looking.

Am I the only person who noticed this? Surely a staple of fantasy as important as wizards and goblins, right?

No, no, no. That's a staple of BAD fantasy. I have slightly higher hopes for this game.

Besides, Amazons wouldn't wear chainmail and a metal bikini's gotta chafe something fierce.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shryke wrote:
Besides, Amazons wouldn't wear chainmail and a metal bikini's gotta chafe something fierce.

So the mages can lob fireballs but can't figure out how to make chafe-free chainmail bikini's? Roll with it, its fantasy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
For some reason I just tried to imagine a chainmail thong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can practically guarantee that that Giant Spider is female...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Tang
Malaysia
KL
WP
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mmmm... female giant spider....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like you guys have been holed up in the basement with your bro's a little too long; perhaps you should box up the boardgame, slap some jelly in that hair, and go work on that whole "social interaction" thing!

Who knows, maybe you'll end up married to a hottie who will humor you with those "chain-mail thongs" from time to time. This could cut the masturbation in half and I'm willing to speculate here --you may not be looking for quite so much in your boardgame boxes!!!

All is love,

Squatting Monkey
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
giorgos konstantinou
Greece
Athens
Halandri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good point.. I'll have to disagree, though, about the hobgoblin, rogue beauty being not attractive.. What's your problem, man? You don't like women in uniform?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
konstan wrote:
Good point.. I'll have to disagree, though, about the hobgoblin, rogue beauty being not attractive.. What's your problem, man? You don't like women in uniform?

NEVER said not attractive. Said not inviting. It looks like anyone who gets too close WILL be considered female afterwards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G.
United States
Moorpark
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jttm wrote:
Mmmm... female giant spider....

Isn't "Female Giant Spider" position #185 of the Karma Sutra?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wray Cason
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
I know that this reply will be too serious for this discussion but I am glad that this game doesn't have fantasy bombshells. There is just too much of that sort of things elsewhere. I specifially ruled out Descent for that very reason. Call me a prude if you are inclined to but there is enough unhealthy influence for my children out there. I don't like on the table in front of us while we are spending time together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Dam
Australia
KILLARA
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
May 2018 be all you dreamed it would be and be all that you dreamed...
mbmbmb
My solution is to overfeed my troops and undertrain them. That way there is a good chance they will develop man-boobs. Now you can all have a fantasy game with cleavage and not degrade women. Damn I'm good!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
It's a love/hate relationship.
badge
Check out my board game instructional videos on my YouTube channel: "The Game Explainer".
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, that is just wrong on so many levels. Pretty funny, tho.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scribidinus wrote:
For some reason I just tried to imagine a chainmail thong.

Chainmail Thong is a great name for an all girl metal band.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.