Hide
11 Posts

Customizable Games» Forums » General

Subject: DBG with combat? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vinny Boner
msg tools
I've been looking and looking for a deckbuilding game that involves players actively combating each other in some capacity? (I find most DBGs in general dont have enough player to player interaction) Can anyone recommend one since i can't seem to find any??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Haverty
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you considered A Few Acres of Snow? It's actually a 2-player wargame that has a deckbuilding mechanic, but the DBG part is a wonderful fit for the game.

If you want multiplayer, the non-historical follow-up is Mythotopia.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Haverty
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, of course, Star Realms. 2-player only, but you basically directly attack each other to win the game rather than collect VPs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bwian, just
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SiddGames wrote:
Oh, of course, Star Realms. 2-player only, but you basically directly attack each other to win the game rather than collect VPs.

You can play with more than two players: just mix in more cards. I've done up to 4 this way, no problem.

Other choices:
Nightfall
Star Trek Deck Building Game: The Next Generation (Combat mostly against an encounter deck, but sometimes the encounter is "all players attack each other". Two other expansions/games in the series.)
Blood Bowl: Team Manager – The Card Game (sorta deck building, sorta combat. Definitely interaction.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rune Age
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zaphod wrote:

Yep!
Another nifty thing about Rune Age is that not only does it include scenarios with attacking opponents, it also includes a solitaire scenario and even a coop scenario. Variety is the spice of life.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heroes of Graxia

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vinny Boner
msg tools
I've been reading a LOT about rune age and it really seems to have everything i could want in a DBG. However, i don't fully understand how PvP combat works....would you mind explaining in detail?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N S.
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Skrell666 wrote:
I've been reading a LOT about rune age and it really seems to have everything i could want in a DBG. However, i don't fully understand how PvP combat works....would you mind explaining in detail?

Rune Age is what you're looking for. Several of the reviews give a pretty detailed run down of the combat, and if that's not enough you can download the rulebook. It's a real underrated gem and one of my favorites.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konrad T
Poland
Szczecin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
Zaphod wrote:

Yep!
Another nifty thing about Rune Age is that not only does it include scenarios with attacking opponents, it also includes a solitaire scenario and even a coop scenario. Variety is the spice of life.
Resident Evil Deck Building Game is similar. There's competitive mode, coop and PvP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance McMillan
United States
Lakebay
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
BattleTech: Domination is a free print-n-play DBG available here on BGG. Systemically based off the Dominion model, it definitely involves a lot of direct player-vs-player combat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.