Popular Tags: [View All]
Erik Leppo
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A few of the gamers in my group are registered here on the Geek and we are having a larger than usual gathering in a few weeks. I'd like to be able to scan through all of their collections at once rather than have to look at each person individually. Is there a way to do this?

Or alternatively, is there a way to set up a new user account and import the collections of each Geek, then scan through the new user account's collection. Basically, create a Meta-Group account that would assemble the data from each Geek in the group. (?new feature?)

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if this will help, but you can get everyone to export their collection to csv files and then combine them in a spreadsheet. (this has to be done individually, as it seems you can't export anyone else's collection, only your own).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary T.
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kinda along the same lines, what I would like to see is a link on the game page to a list of your geekbuddies that own that particular game. It would be useful to know if anyone (or who) in my game group owns a game I'm interested in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Leppo
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My original thought was to use BGG to figure out which games were highly rated by the group (rather than using my memory) and ask people to bring their highest rated games based on the anticipated number of people coming.

I just noticed that I can sort my Geekbuddies by group. That should help. Then I can use a Perl script to get the current list of games for each person, merge, and filter as desired.

Collection list URL is:
(just replace username=X with desired user)

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/viewcollection.php3?username=pa...

But its not enough people to mess with all that so will just use the download collection button. Then do what I want from there.

Now I just need to get my buddies to update their lists here on BGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are going to use perl... then you might as well use http://www.boardgamegeek.com/xmlapi/ so you don't have to data mine html that is likely to change and break your data miner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.