Subject: Movement Phase Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Ontario
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a little confused about movement in this game and wanted to make sure I was doing it right.

I understand that for buildings, you have to pass from room to room. Are you only allowed to move in the direction of the arrow (Ex. for the Crumbling Tower, can you only move up from 1/3 to 2/3 to 3/3) or can you go to any room adjacent to the one you are currently in?

Furthermore, what counts as "adjacent" when you are not in a building and have a bunch of unconnected places? The rules always show a circle of cards so does that mean you can only move to a card that is physically next to the location you are in? Is there a specific direction you have to go? Can you go back to a location you were at your previous turn (essentially going back and forth)?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ontario
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Watched a play-through over on the Spell Saga store page (store.spellsaga.com) and from what I saw, the moves were always to cards physically next to each other.

Placement of the PLACE cards (unless they were buildings or had directional arrows) appeared to be chosen by the person.

And going back to a previous location also was done in the video so I will assume that you can keep going back and forth so long as you still move on your turn.

The only thing I'm still not sure about is whether you have to follow the direction of the arrows on cards when moving. I think I recall reading a post from someone that said this is the case in "The Forest" and I kinda assume it would be. Can anyone confirm this?

EDIT: discussion about PLACE cards with compass arrows metioned above

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Michael Rogers
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Oh! Um, hi. Hello. Hi.

So sorry to just be seeing this. I've been busy designing and forgot most of the internet existed. Luckily it seems you already guessed the answers to these questions. You must be much better at games than I am. (I'll never forgive 13 Dead End Drive for it's terrible rulebook)

When it comes to Attached rooms, you can move in any direction, the arrows just designate direction of Attachment. This changes a bit in DECK 2.

Adjacent is, as you guessed it, a PLACE card in PLACE PILE next to another. And yes, you can definitely go back to a location you were just in, no problem.

-mE.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.