Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave J McWeasely
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
When attacking, I can seperate the attackers into two groups, the main assault and the rearguard. A good time to do this would be when you have 4 regulars and 2 dunlendings. Main assault is 4 regulars, 1 dunlending. Rearguard is 1 dunlending. Even if the attacker gets 5 hits, you'll still have a leftover Dunlending, since you can't lose units in the rearguard no matter what.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes Dunlandings are all about "cheating"

Cheating in the rules that is, to find ways to make them real troops

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Bright
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmb
MrWeasely wrote:
When attacking, I can seperate the attackers into two groups, the main assault and the rearguard. A good time to do this would be when you have 4 regulars and 2 dunlendings. Main assault is 4 regulars, 1 dunlending. Rearguard is 1 dunlending. Even if the attacker gets 5 hits, you'll still have a leftover Dunlending, since you can't lose units in the rearguard no matter what.
Mr McW, that just doesn't seem cricket. Dare I introduce house rules when I challenge you for the Intercontinental Championship? I suppose not - but I can't seem myself playing this blaggardly rearguard ruse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Russell
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This isn't any more cheap than the tactic of splitting up the two dunlendings, or leaving one behind...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrWeasely wrote:

But if the battle goes more than one round, you would rather have the extra troops, right? Seems a bit pessimistic to expect your opponent to get 5 hits in one round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.