Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Aceto
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I can see, the world map serves to mark your party's progress towards locations, where action then moves to battle maps. Given that, I think I'd prefer my world map to have a small footprint so I can reserve more table space for the battle boards and character sheets.

Is there another use of the world map that would argue in favor of getting the larger size?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the idea is that you can set your battle boards up on the map. They said something about printing some quick reference info along the bottom edge. It pretty much becomes a table covering.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Gong
United States
Kingsburg
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, at $40 for the neoprene jumbo map, I passed on that one. Looks nice though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm getting it.
It will look awesome and it will be nice to not have to shuffle the map back and forth when you switch between movement and scenarios.

But I definitely understand those who will not get it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
mbmbmbmbmb
Zouave wrote:
From what I can see, the world map serves to mark your party's progress towards locations, where action then moves to battle maps. Given that, I think I'd prefer my world map to have a small footprint so I can reserve more table space for the battle boards and character sheets.

Is there another use of the world map that would argue in favor of getting the larger size?

I like my maps to be big .. but not square as you easily get the problem you mentioned (I have it now with Blood Rage).

Personally I would make the maps not a 4x3 format but more "widescreen" - not very wide but rather long. Like 21x9 or something. That way players at the end of the table (say #5) can also access the board easier. Actually .. I don't see any cons ... whistle

That way you can have a big map - and still leave sufficient space for your player board and such!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus Griebel
United States
Waunakee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What are the dimensions of the standard map included in the base game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Foley
msg tools
griethad wrote:
What are the dimensions of the standard map included in the base game?

11.5" x 19"

(Listed in the Component Legend in the "This is what you get" section)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.