Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb

My Uncle is having some health issues and needs somebody to be in the house with him while my aunt is at work.

My mother and I are coming down from WA early next month and staying until after Christmas, so we will be able to help her out once we get there.

But she called today asking if we could come sooner. She is willing to pay somebody ~$10/hr to be there.

Since he isn't ill enough to require someone with medical training full time, insurance won't cover a full time nurse, and she really can't afford $20 and hour or more to pay a home care aid agency for just companion.

The major expectation would be to check in on him once an hour or so (He is in bed watching TV most of the day) and make sure he is ok, get him some water and/or food occasionally, let the dog in an out of the back door, and call my aunt and/or 911 if my uncle starts feeling dizzy or faints etc.

So any of you have or know of some college age youth, retired people or stay at home spouses who would like to pick up a month or more of fairly easy extra cash right before the holidays?

Most of the time the person there would be able to read, study, watch TV etc. My Aunt has Wi-Fi and cable.

We are really stressing out about helping her find somebody quickly, because there is no way we can there until Nov. She teaches Nursing at El Centro downtown and cannot just take off time right now they are short staffed and she is teaching a full load plus.

So it any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks
Lynette
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.