John Ankers
United Kingdom
Liverpool
England
flag msg tools
Hello everyone,

My sister had a game in the early 90s which I would love to be able to identify.

It featured (I think) a department store at Christmas. The object was to buy a gift on each floor of the store with paper money that came with game. I think the board was jigsaw pieces but I could be wrong.

The copy we had has been lost but we think it was called "let's go Christmas crackers". Does this ring any (jingle) bells with anyone? Can't find it on bgg...

Many thanks in advance,

John.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Thiess
United States
Suisun City
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It kind of sounds like Electronic Mall Madness, but that had a 3D board, was electronic, and not Christmas themed.

In a search on BGG I found Let's Go Shopping, but again it is not Christmas themed and there aren't many details on BGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ankers
United Kingdom
Liverpool
England
flag msg tools
Thanks, Don. From the picture the let's go shopping game does look similar, but without the Christmas theme. Perhaps someone else has heard of it? Maybe it was a UK-only product?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sue athome
msg tools
Wish I could help but certainly know which game you mean! Googling it brought me here to your question. Absolutely loved it. My parents bought it for our children over 20 years ago. I know they bought it from Accrington Market. I do not think it was a big brand name that made it.

Ours went to someones house and didn't come back. I will carry on my search.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sue athome
msg tools
Just to add, the board was in pieces as you say.
Also...I have no idea what this site is but assuming looking at the time of my post. it is not in the UK!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Presley
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming...
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds very similar to The Christmas Game except for the jigsaw board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.