Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Stoodley
United Kingdom
Leeds
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So, on entering a room where all of the group have to move to, and then having an encounter, do all the group have to "wait a go" before carrying out the role - or do the rest of the group get to roll without spending a TU?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerhard E. Kodys
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
When you enter a room, every player puts his pawn on one of the spaces above the cards (several players can use the same space) - this costs no TU.

Everybody looks at his/their card - this costs no TU.

Now you tell each other (with your own words) what you encountered - this costs no TU.

The Time Captain spends one TU (or 2 if Eugène Bosquet is moving alone - see other posting) and everybody takes one action:

- moving to another space (looking at the card + telling other players)
- rolling the dice once (test of strenght, will etc.)
- do nothing (but why would you do that?)

You do "rounds" like this - spending 1 (2) TU, until all players decide to go to another room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stoodley
United Kingdom
Leeds
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick reply

Put next bit in spoiler as it is quite a specific example!!! (New map bit)

Spoiler (click to reveal)

So - in catacombs
The problem is that if you then choose to "complete" a room that requires a stats test, this will cost you 1TU.
But reading the rules, If you do this successfully, then you have to spend another TU to move to another space

So that's still 2TU to go down each space at a very minimum assuming you make every roll, apart from the 1st one, IF they all are locked
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Zork
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gerraldo wrote:

- do nothing (but why would you do that?)

For example, you could do it if you play Eugene and you are alone in a space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hamsta
msg tools
delicious?
badge
a lie?
mbmbmbmbmb

We have the same question as Mike...?

We think, that the game is laid out so that we are not supposed to succeed in the first (or even second) run at the game...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Swingley
United States
DeKalb
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I also want to repeat the question posed by Mike and Hamsta Huey (and the Gooey Kablooie). It does seem that this map section eats time because of the rule system... Not sure if this is intentional, but my group and I will just never go back there (in lieu of a better ruling on this one).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L. S.
msg tools
mbmb
We have the same question about this certain Asylum Location. It would be great, if a clarification by officials would be posted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stoods wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply

Put next bit in spoiler as it is quite a specific example!!! (New map bit)

So - in catacombs
The problem is that if you then choose to "complete" a room that requires a stats test, this will cost you 1TU.
But reading the rules, If you do this successfully, then you have to spend another TU to move to another space

So that's still 2TU to go down each space at a very minimum assuming you make every roll, apart from the 1st one, IF they all are locked
That's correct. Some locations will tie you down and burn TUs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wswingley wrote:
It does seem that this map section eats time because of the rule system... Not sure if this is intentional, but my group and I will just never go back there (in lieu of a better ruling on this one).
Why would you think it's not intentional? The game is designed with dead ends and time sinks: run and learn...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.