Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
148 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » NSW (Sydney)

Subject: Glebe Online! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tommy Dean
Australia
Earlwood
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread is for organising, reporting, smack talking and any other things related to online games through SBW, MBW and any others we find and/or use It is intended for members of BoardGameGlebe.

Glebers!

Here is the opening rack of choices. Note...all games have been named with the protocol of "GBG Uno (game name) So first up would be "GBG Uno Amun" etc. Password for all of them will be "glebers" Be sure and do it all in lowercase as I believe MBW to be case sensitive.

Over at SBW we have:
Amun-Re
Hacienda
Reef Encounter
Tikal
Wallenstien (basic set up)

MBW:
ShadowEmperor
Hansa (fast setup)

All of these gammes I know and can help with any rules/play questions. Only first clue I can think of...in most games there is a "end turn" button...but in Amun Re there is NONE! So almost any thing you click has no takebacks! be careful.

And of course feel free to create more of them as they fill up.

I avoided Santiago as I don't "get it" yet.

First in best dressed!

edit: added a clearer intention for those who may not have realized.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Smit
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mb
Ive joined amun re, reef encounter and tikal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Dean
Australia
Earlwood
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well it appears we already have our first infiltrator! As there is no way around it we will just have to be welcoming...unless of course I have misread a profile and one of YOU is actually CrazyYog. So sign up before we are sharked some more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Hogan
Australia
Wamboin
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've signed up for Amun Re. I must admit that I have never played any of the other games. I am happy to sign up for any of them if you guys can give me a few tips or if you think I should be able to pick them up as I go. Let me know which games you think fall into this category.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Needle
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have signed up for Shadows and Hansa-never played hansa so looking forward to some tips from my Glebe posse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Dean
Australia
Earlwood
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spend the weekend glancing at rules...We are off to the sth coast for short weekend holiday. Will be back on Monday. I will post my basic game thoughts on all of them. Terry...most are quite easy really...I can;t imagine any would really throw you. ShadowEmperor is most tricky for beginners I would think...(and reef encounter actually) but most are easy to learn. Its what this is all about...so sign in to any that interest you and Ill lead you thru them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Hogan
Australia
Wamboin
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, in that case I've signed up to all the SBW games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Needle
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not knowing SBW but mabi is great for learning the games-especially Shadow as it tells you your moves available. I'll see if it works with Hansa also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Hogan
Australia
Wamboin
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I signed up for them too. Now we'll see if I get any work done in the next few days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Dean
Australia
Earlwood
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
None will start fully til I get back on Monday Well...they will "start" when they are full...but it will stick at my turn...so plenty of time to think and read

Of all of them Terry...Reef is the hardest to explain...once you "get it" it is easy to play...but hard to master the possibilities. The rest all have cross over mechanics to other games so explaining should be easier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Haseler
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I absolutely certain that the Mollusc in SBW Wallie is the evil twin of the very helpful one here!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Grelis
Australia
Surry Hills
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Bloody Romans!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will certainly look into playing some of these games with you lot in the future, although I'm unfamiliar with all of them except Wallenstein, but first...

I've recently downloaded Vassal and am trying to work out how to use it. Are any of you familiar with this programme and also willing to play a game (or games) on it against me?

I've downloaded modules for some games I'm familiar with: Memoir 44; Battlelore; Axis & Allies, but will try others.

Any feedback from Vassal users would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Murray

PS, found the last GBG Hacienda game on SBW, sitting there looking all forlorn and lonely, felt pity and signed up. It's my turn, which I will take as soon as I work out what I'm doing blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
Menin Gate at Midnight, Will Longstaff, 1927.
badge
"At the landing, and here ever since" - Anzac Book, p. 35.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey,
I'm looking for Vassal users from Australia (or similar time zone). I can play via e-mail throughout the working day so am looking for opponents in a similar time zone who can do the same. In particular I'd like to play Memoir '44 or Battlelore but would be well open to suggestions for any other games? I'm relatively new to Vassal also but am happy to give some tips on the basics that I understand for newer users. Send me a message if interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Smit
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mb
Nathan,

Id be interested in some Vassal but I wouldnt be making any moves during working hours.
Im more interested in heavier games but wouldnt mind give those you mentioned a try.
Anyone else interested in trying some wargames on Vassal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Hogan
Australia
Wamboin
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be keen to try out this Vassal thing. I just need to figure out how it works. Shouldn't be too hard I imagine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Needle
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeh Count me in for Vassal also. And I'll try anything, although it would be less real time and more turn based email thingy time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve McIlhatton
New Zealand
Palmerston North
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be keen to try Vassal as well but I also can't make turns during work time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I am the wasp / that burrows in! I am the shriek / of twilight din!
mbmbmb
Chaps, it warms my heart to see a bunch of folks in my locality enthusing about wargaming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve McIlhatton
New Zealand
Palmerston North
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
perhaps we could make wargaming the theme for one of the Glebe get-togethers...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Smit
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mb
Looks like me and Murray are going to start up a game of Fire in the Sky on Vassal. Does anyone have a lot of experience in the game and can help us out?
Is anyone interested in starting up a game of Paths of Glory or This Accursed Civil War?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I am the wasp / that burrows in! I am the shriek / of twilight din!
mbmbmb
Innocent Bystander wrote:
perhaps we could make wargaming the theme for one of the Glebe get-togethers...

I think there are 2 or 3 copies of Sword of Rome in the group -- maybe we should run a couple of those side by side some weekend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Smit
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mb
Or a single game of Here I Stand.. Also I know Gregs been itching to play Pax Romana for a while.
(what happened to Greg?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Cox
Australia
Petersham
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
mateybob wrote:
Or a single game of Here I Stand.. Also I know Gregs been itching to play Pax Romana for a while.
(what happened to Greg?)

Hi Jesse, I'm still around, just missed the last couple of weeks but should be back soon (if not this w/end then the next one). Yes, I'm itching to play Pax or Sword of Rome (who owns that, Jamie?) and get some other war games going. I'd try them on Vassel but it refuses to work on my work pc!

Hopefully later in the year I can organise more sessions at my place focusing on wargames.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Cox
Australia
Petersham
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Quote:
Glad to have you back Greg, it seemed a bit weird playing with you missing, being a founding member and all.

S.B.

aw its nice to be missed! looks like I might be able to attend this Sat, at least until 3.30. will hopefully confirm later today or tomorrow.

not sure about bootleggers - you need plenty of smoke, beer, and attitude (then again, that's about normal with us two!)
if we decide to play Pax, I suggest eveyone reads up on the basic rules beforehand, esp on movement, activation, and points (i can't remember most 2 page rules and Pax has about 30)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Dean
Australia
Earlwood
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks again Jamie...but I would feel better about your GG if you yourself had an avatar

I havaae had a look at Vassal...seems to be a lot like the PBeM blood bowl program. So I am up for a BattleLore if anyone wants to try it.

TI3 looks crazy complicated! I havae not the time or energy to attempt that one for awhile online

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.