Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Hammack
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played a couple rounds of this solo.

OMG! This game is awesome. I don't play very many GMT games but when I do I love them.

Thank you so much for this game Herman (?) and GMT!

I played a round and a half, and then as a newish father had to stop to go to bed. I was wondering if the solo game got faster with more plays? (I will most likely solo this game.) I can't wait to play this again. I wish I could leave it out, and come back to to it to finish a game.

Also for teaching the game to people would it make sense to start with the training scenario (I am assuming this is the case) or should I jump in to the tournament?

I would love to play the campaign of this but don't see it happening.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Parker
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Great game design makes the complex simple, replayability maximum, and abstraction credible.
badge
It’s not how well you roll that counts but how well the dice suit the game.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can leave the game out, the campaign should play itself out over the course of a week - one or two conferences at a time.

It’s the only way I’ve played - though without a newborn in my hands! Congrats on that

The campaign scenario to me gives the best sense of what the game is trying to achieve - the struggle towards invasion and the ebb and flow in drawing the new world map.

Given how the game is structured in conferences and rounds, however, it’s perfect for dropping at any point and picking up when able too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A P
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
mb
Pick up the excel bot decision maker in the files section. I find that makes the experience more enjoyable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hedonisticnihil wrote:
I played a couple rounds of this solo.

OMG! This game is awesome. I don't play very many GMT games but when I do I love them.

Thank you so much for this game Herman (?) and GMT!

I played a round and a half, and then as a newish father had to stop to go to bed. I was wondering if the solo game got faster with more plays? (I will most likely solo this game.) I can't wait to play this again. I wish I could leave it out, and come back to to it to finish a game.

Also for teaching the game to people would it make sense to start with the training scenario (I am assuming this is the case) or should I jump in to the tournament?

I would love to play the campaign of this but don't see it happening.

Congratulations on the new child. If you play your cards right you will have an opponent to play down the road. Mine is now 25 and we play often.

I am so glad that you are enjoying the game, it will give you something to do in the middle of the night. Just keep the small wood out of reach please.

All the best,

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Hammack
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh I won't leave any pieces out.

This is why I can't leave the game out between sessions.

When I get to the table do you recommend learning with training scenario or the tournament scenario?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hedonisticnihil wrote:
Oh I won't leave any pieces out.

This is why I can't leave the game out between sessions.

When I get to the table do you recommend learning with training scenario or the tournament scenario?

If playing solo, I would go with the tournament scenario or the campaign.

I did not mean to lecture on the pieces, but I would feel responsible if I did not say something.

What I do if I cannot leave a game up is to play out a conference and use my phone camera to take a picture. Works great.

Let us know how it goes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Hammack
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Mr. Herman,

Great idea for taking a picture. Yes, for Solo I am really interested in playing the Campaign mode. I wanted to drag Churchill into supporting Roosevelt to start D-Day. He was not having any of that for my bot play.

I didn't think you were lecturing me, so no worries.

I was wondering if I was teaching new players which scenario should I choose. I have a chance for friend coming over tonight, and he was up for cracking this open. Should I choose Training Scenario? Any recommendations on who we should we play? Or more to the point who should be the bot?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hedonisticnihil wrote:
Hello Mr. Herman,

Great idea for taking a picture. Yes, for Solo I am really interested in playing the Campaign mode. I wanted to drag Churchill into supporting Roosevelt to start D-Day. He was not having any of that for my bot play.

I didn't think you were lecturing me, so no worries.

I was wondering if I was teaching new players which scenario should I choose. I have a chance for friend coming over tonight, and he was up for cracking this open. Should I choose Training Scenario? Any recommendations on who we should we play? Or more to the point who should be the bot?

For two player go with the tournament and use the Churchill Bot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Hammack
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My friend Robert and I, played this last night. It went to 10 conference with Japan being captured, and the Germans remained unmolested by the West, but with Russians knocking on their door in the East.

The Bot Churchill won with the Tie Breaker. We loved it, and both want to play it again soon. We really want to try 3 players.

Throughout the day I have received texts from Robert saying what he wants to do different, and what in general strategy. I cannot say enough high complimentary adjectives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.