Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
tidus09
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mb
Hello
I have some questions about First Scenario: the survivors. This Scenario uses 10-side dice to score the tile which Human player explosed. When the score reaches 10, the exit tile is used.
My questions:

In the picture, after Human player exploses the new tile, thr Demon player can choose which way (right of below way) to put 10-sided dice right?
2. Example 10-sided dice is put on the right unexplored opening. If the Human warriors explose another unexplosed opening (such as the way below or unexplored opening in Pentacle Room), they can not increase the score of the dice right? Only the way with the dice can increase dice score after explore right?

As in the picture, after Condemned Blade for Hire explosed the new tile, can Demon player put the new tile as in picture (form the loop). If he can, what's about dice score?
4. In picture question 3, after the Human warrior exploring new tile, Demon player can not place his warriors in normal way on all tiles right? He can only place warriors through ability of Board of Destiny?
5. Blessed talent only heal 1 line of action on the chosen warrior, not all right?
Thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Van Morrison and Joey DeFrancesco - You're Driving Me Crazy
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tidus09 wrote:
Hello
I have some questions about First Scenario: the survivors. This Scenario uses 10-side dice to score the tile which Human player explosed. When the score reaches 10, the exit tile is used.
My questions:

In the picture, after Human player exploses the new tile, thr Demon player can choose which way (right of below way) to put 10-sided dice right?

Yes, the Demon player places the die in an unexplored opening on the new tile.

tidus09 wrote:
2. Example 10-sided dice is put on the right unexplored opening. If the Human warriors explose another unexplosed opening (such as the way below or unexplored opening in Pentacle Room), they can not increase the score of the dice right? Only the way with the dice can increase dice score after explore right?

That's right. Exploring other openings will not change the die.

tidus09 wrote:

As in the picture, after Condemned Blade for Hire explosed the new tile, can Demon player put the new tile as in picture (form the loop). If he can, what's about dice score?

No. The die must be place on an unexplored opening. Since none exist on the new tile, you must trace backwards until you find an unexplored opening to place the die - in this case it must be placed to the right of the tile at upper right where the Redeemer and Blade are standing.

tidus09 wrote:

4. In picture question 3, after the Human warrior exploring new tile, Demon player can not place his warriors in normal way on all tiles right? He can only place warriors through ability of Board of Destiny?
With that board, the Demon would have to use either A Taste for Blood or Burrowing Monsters to place warriors. (See my reply in your previous thread: Re: questions before first game

[q="tidus09"]
5. Blessed talent only heal 1 line of action on the chosen warrior, not all right?

Right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
tidus09 wrote:

No. The die must be place on an unexplored opening. Since none exist on the new tile, you must trace backwards until you find an unexplored opening to place the die - in this case it must be placed to the right of the tile at upper right where the Redeemer and Blade are standing.

Tidus, the answer to your "primary" question (can the fourth tile be placed like this) is "yes". IMHO Sphere thinks so too, but I think he must have misunderstood what question you were asking here.

The dice is always incremented by one when you explore it, so it would be placed showing 4.

I actually disagree with Sphere's answer in that the Demon player has the choice of any exit as close as possible to the newly placed tile. So in this case the Demon player would be obliged to place it on one of the unexplored exits from the pentacle room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Logan
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Terah wrote:
I actually disagree with Sphere's answer in that the Demon player has the choice of any exit as close as possible to the newly placed tile. So in this case the Demon player would be obliged to place it on one of the unexplored exits from the pentacle room.

I agree with Sphere here. I don't have the rules in front of me but I'm confident the ruling is that when a tile is placed, if that tile has no unexplored exits you re-trace the previously played tiles until you find an unexplored exit.

It also works thematically on some level. The breeze was coming from a certain direct but a wrong turn was taken. So the humans re-trace their steps until they discover where the breeze was actually coming from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Logan, I also was just going from memory. But now I've dragged out the relevant scenario rule.

Claustrophobia Scenario: The Survivors - A Breath of Fresh Air - no unexplored openings wrote:
If the next tile does not have any unexplored openings, the Die of Fresh Air is placed next to an unexplored opening on the nearest tile. If the nearest tile has several openings, the Demon player chooses where to place the Die. It's score is incremented as usual.

Just find the nearest tile, no indication that it has to be backwards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your help in keeping us on track, Tom. I did handle that 3rd question badly, partly because I was having trouble following what was asked. Basically I just answered the second part about the die placement, and can't argue with your quote of the rules; what it says is perfectly clear.

I must say though that like Neil, I've always thought of this as tracing back along the path traveled to the first unexplored exit - to me that feels right. But I can see where it might lead to ambiguitie when more than one previously traveled route exists. The rules as written are not only clear but unambiguous.

As for the tile placement, I guess it just seemed obvious to me that it could be placed that way. The only other option would be to rotate it 90° clockwise, so the bend in the tunnel went downwards away from the Pentacle room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Logan
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Huh. That's weird. I wonder if it happens more often than not that you just happen to be retracing the route already taken and therefore I just made up that rule out of habit more than anything

Thanks for checking the rules, Tom.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Logan8 wrote:
I wonder if it happens more often than not that you just happen to be retracing the route already taken...

I have no doubt that it happens more often; it can only occur when a tile has looped back to an earlier section of the explored route, and even then might not change things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.